What's new

How long before we see the movie (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
confused.gif
!!
------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Hopefully no one. No one has made a movie about Oklahoma City yet, so maybe Hollywood can show some restraint.
------------------
"What if he honks in the car?"
"I'm giving you a no honk guaruntee."

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
quote:
No one has made a movie about Oklahoma City yet
[/quote]
The opening of the "X-Files" movie seemed to be based on the Oklahoma bombing though (and received quite a bit of criticism for it).
I doubt anyone will make a movie about this tragedy (unless it's used as a tangential, fictional plot device) for decades.
/Mike
[Edited last by MickeS on September 13, 2001 at 01:16 PM]

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
Give it a few(maybe 20) years. In our lifetime there will be a movie about this disaster. Saving Private Ryan is a prime example, not to mention all the WWII movies released shortly after the war ended.
The massacre on Omaha beach was'nt something anyone imagined would be shown on the big screen, now the DVD is used as demo material, go figure.

Dave L

Stunt Coordinator
It will happen as these things do whenever there's a buck to be made. Look at the scams already: phony appeals for contributions to the Red Cross to collect credit card numbers, "souvenirs" of the WTC on eBay auctions. Unbelievable!!!!!
However, what special effects crew will or could ever equal or top the video footage of the real thing? Just knowing what the implications of what we were seeing, in real time, is numbing. The newsreel footage of WW2 battles carries more weight than any Hollywood recreation because it's real; when somebody falls, that's a death, not an extra feigning death. Same with the WTC footage.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Lets see the outcome of all of this first.
Neil
------------------
"Conspiracy theorists don't live on the same flat Earth as the rest of us." -- astronomer Stephen Maran

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I think Jerry Bruckheimer and Micheal Bay are already working on a script.
Seriously, I really don't think this will ever be made into a movie, at least I hope it doesn't.
------------------
"How can I heal, when I can't feel time?"
Leonard from Memento

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
I don't see anything wrong with making a movie about it. As long as it is not sensationalised. Do you really think Speilberg made SPR or Schindler's list just to make a buck? Come on!
Future generations who didn't live through an event needed to be reminded of it to keep from making the same mistakes. I think there are some very heroic stories to be told in this trajedy.
Kevin C.
------------------
If you live in the Wichita KS area and are interested in a local meet click here

Brent Cantrell

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder if anyone who was there would think it would be 'cool' in full bitrate DTS? Probably the same vets who were at the storming of the beach that thought the opening of SPR was 'cool'. I personally have enough crashes, explosions and terrorist acts in my collection, I think we can all do without this one. Please, show a little restraint in what you think would be 'cool'. For some reason this post made me think of that line from ID4, "Exciting!? People are dying! I would hardly call that exciting!" (something along those lines.)
Sorry for the rant, but that just struck a nerve.
------------------
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...lias=BCantrell

G Miller

Stunt Coordinator
I think that it is inevitable that a motion picture will be created out of this disaster. Only once the full story has been unfolded though, from the attacks, the planning, the perpertrators behind it etc... I think it is in bad taste to even discuss it so soon after the event, but think of the JFK incident, when it happened people wouldn't believe that a movie would be made on that event at the time, same goes for Pearl Harbour, the entire Vietnam war, WWII, etc...

Eric_R_C

Second Unit
No one has made a movie about Oklahoma City yet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The opening of the "X-Files" movie seemed to be based on the Oklahoma bombing though (and received quite a bit of criticism for it).
I doubt anyone will make a movie about this tragedy (unless it's used as a tangential, fictional plot device) for decades.
---------------------------------------------------------
In the case of X-Files, they had already filmed the scene with the building blowing up BEFORE the Oklahoma City incident. They really debated whether or not they would use the scene, and obviously decided to use it. An interesting case of coindidence, but it really did lend the movie a touch of credibilty.
------------------
"I haven't lost my mind. It's backed up on my hard drive!"

Eric_R_C

Second Unit
oops, coincidence
should have hit the preview button :)
------------------
"I haven't lost my mind. It's backed up on my hard drive!"

bill lopez

Second Unit
If they make it like BLACK SUNDAY or DEEP IMPACT that's o.k., but I don't want to see DIE HARD or ARMAGGEDDON type of a movie with jokes and rock tunes in it.

Guy Martin

Second Unit
In the case of X-Files, they had already filmed the scene with the building blowing up BEFORE the Oklahoma City
incident. They really debated whether or not they would use the scene, and obviously decided to use it. An
interesting case of coindidence, but it really did lend the movie a touch of credibilty.
Umm this doesn't make much sense since the bombing took place in April of 1995, and the X-Files came out in late June, 1998, over three years later. Unless they were in production seriously early on the film, I doubt that the scene was shot before the actual event.
Wan't there a TV movie about the first WTC bombing? I think I remember one.
- Guy

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
What an insensative and stupid post. You people want to make this into a summertime blockbuster? Ugh.
------------------
[Edited last by Peter Kline on September 14, 2001 at 11:57 AM]

bill lopez

Second Unit
PEARL HARBOR, TITANIC,HINDENBERG,MIDWAY were made into movies, this event will be made into a movie. I just hope they don't make it into a popcorn movie like ARMAGEDDON.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
What's the deal Bill? This is the second post or thread written by you that deals with people profiting from this disaster. Nuff' Said
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Rich
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks