What's new

how do i calculator nits for my projector? it's super confusing! (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
https://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/projector_spec_7705.pdf^this is my projector and like all specs, it's not real world.

based on reviews for my specific model# my optoma 25e hovers around 500 to 700 ansi lumens in real world performance. and according to this chart: Light Output in TVs vs Video Projectors

mine can do 200nits? that's not really possible, right? i mean from what i've read even the brightest lasers like dolby vision cinema commercially maxes out at 108nits and most projectors are around 40-60nits.

so what's the math? i googled around and it often calculates/converts the lumens into the 200-600nits range... which we all know is not possible.

so can someone link to some resources to figure out why the discrepancies?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Screen Throw calculator estimates 41 fL from your calculator for a typical setup. It’s a DLP. They’re known for being very bright. And for having worse contrast and black levels than LCD and LCOS.

Its max brightness will be for its brightest, uncalibrated mode. It might be appreciably lower output if calibrated or even dialed in to something more “correct”.

The easiest way to get a real work check is to buy a $35 meter and measure for yourself what you’re getting

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks