What's new

How accurate is my "In Memoriam" concept for the 2007 Oscars? (1 Viewer)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Every time I read about a film personality dying, I add them to a list of people who might be mentioned in the "In Memoriam" reel at each Oscar ceremony. Ludicrous as it sounds, the "In Memoriam" segment is my absolute favorite part of the Oscars. It's always nice to see a tribute to the talents that enriched our filmgoing experiences.

Anyway, this is the list I have so far for who they might include in the 2007 "In Memoriam" segment? Out of all of them, how many do you think will make it into the reel?

----------

-Don Knotts
-Darren McGavin
-Maureen Stapleton
-Richard Fleischer
-Val Guest
-Paul Gleason
-Henry Bumstead
-Robert Sterling
-Vincent Sherman
-June Allyson
-Barnard Hughes
-Red Buttons
-Jack Warden
-Mako
-Bruno Kirby
-Andreas Katsulas

---------

It's in more or less chronological order, so what are your thoughts?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I also have a list of possible celebrity deaths as well. I don't play in a dead pool for nothing.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I think that all of the names that you mentioned will make it into the In Memoriam section, even if I had to look up a couple to determine their significance. I like this part of the Oscars as well.

An additional question would be who will "win" the unofficial contest for which dead celebrity gets the most applause. As of now, perhaps Don Knotts would by virtue of his TV and movie fame. But some other more beloved actor could expire and steal Knotts' glory.

Brian D H

Second Unit
I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Bruno Kirby got more applause simply because a larger number of people in the audience have worked with him recently. While Don Knotts is well liked, and will certainly be recognized, he hasn't worked much in years and many of the actors who knew him personally are either already gone or won't be at the ceremony.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The "Dying Young" aspect will also increase the amount of applause Bruno Kirby gets. Someone really major will have to pass away between now and then for anyone to get more applause than he will.

Personally, I'm still waiting for the Academy to apologize for leaving Deforest Kelley and James Doohan out of this tribute. Unbelieveable.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

Noted, even though I had to look him up. Conidering the movies he did, I think he'd make it in.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Thanks for the notation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks