What's new

How about Mortal Kombat 3? (1 Viewer)

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Really enjoyed the first film (before all the Paul W.S. Anderson bashing started) but loathed the second film. Hopefully this ignores that one completely.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Is it wrong to be wary of a director named mink? I hate that McG trend. How about a real name, people?

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
The 2nd had so much promise too. The first couple fights were great, excluding the entire opening scene. But the fight with sub zero and smoke and I can't remember now who else was around. Once that animality stuff hit, the move dived head first and never recovered.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
The first one, duly enjoyed and was excited. Everytime I heard the song on t.v. as apart of the trailer, I wanted to fight everyone. The second one, definetly one of the worst films I ever saw. The third one, probably will out do the second one for the worst film ever. Why bother.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
The status says filming begins in May, but the status was last updated February 13 2005.

I don't think it ever made it to filming. This was written by Moriarty over at Aint-it-Cool-News, and I think we would have heard more about it had it actually gone into production.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I only have dim memories of the first MK, but I remember enjoying it very much. But then again I am probably the only fan of the Street Fighter movie... (but then again, I am probably the only remaining fan of Jean Claude Van Damme...).

--
H

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'd check this out if they went full hardcore fighting, "Ricki-Oh" style, otherwise, well, I'll probably still check it out.

I can honestly say that I don't think I hated any JCVD film that I saw, yet I have no desire to see any of his post "Double Team" work. What a strange man! It's time for a Van Damme comeback!

[RG leaves thread to go side kick cement poles, so he can strengthen his legs like in "Kickboxer"]

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Ug. Knock Off was awful! Wanted to floss my brain afterwards.

But, The Order wasn't too bad.

Jason

Joe:C

Second Unit
Yeah, that page has been up for a couple of years so I'm not sure it's accurate.

I thought the first movie was okay, but part two was terrible.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
At this point Mortal Kombat isn't even worthy of a direct to video film. In 1995 Mortal Kombat was the coolest thing since Pong. Times have changed. Nowdays a significant chunk of the target audience for video game movies (teenage boys) have never played Mortal Kombat. The target audience for an R rated MK movie is so small that it would be a guaranteed flop.

Joel C

Screenwriter

I don't know. They are still making one or two MK games every year, and most sell over a million copies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks