What's new

House M. D. - Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I'm not going on a hunger strike or anything, but the band is not back together as long as Cameron isn't there. And Cameron is no Yoko.

I have no clue why they wanted her off the show (apparently, the actress doesn't either), but I felt they handled it OK. It's hard to believe they'd just give up on a marriage like that.

Cuddy with the PI makes me want to puke.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Mikah Cerucco

I have no clue why they wanted her off the show (apparently, the actress doesn't either), but I felt they handled it OK. It's hard to believe they'd just give up on a marriage like that.
After reading the interview with her, the whole thing smacks of "something bigger is planned." Perhaps Chase turns himself in, or commits suicide, or something else drastic, and Cameron comes back? I know Jennifer Morrison is getting paid for the remainder of the season, and of course that isn't strange in and of itself, but I get the feeling that she's not gone for good, and something else major is going to happen before the season is out.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Cameron will absolutely be back, probably before the end of the season even. Hell I'd say Kutner would be back if he weren't dead.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by mattCR

I must be the only one who significantly prefer Talb & 13 to Cameron and Chase.
I prefered Cameron and Chase while Cameron was a brunette. While she is a blond I prefer Talb & 13.

todd stone

Screenwriter
my guess is none of this ever happened and it is from House's mind and he is still actually in the mental ward

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Have we ever had a true Wilson Episode before? I like Wilson, but 95% of this didn't work for me.

The end bit with the loft was nice.

PatH

Second Unit
Late to the discussion here, but all this claptrap about Chase's moral dilemma is just that. His only concern should have been the health of the patient. Patients routinely expect that of a doctor. The analogue here is the moral indignation people feel when a teacher has sex with a student. The cry is that the student is too young to make an informed decision as to their actions and that the teacher acted irresponsibly under color of his/her authority as a teacher. Same thing for Chase. The dictator entered the hospital as a patient and certainly did not expect to die from a cause other than what he went in with. But Chase will not be punished as a murderer because that would mean that he would have to leave the show and, really, everyone at Princeton Plainsborough would likely suffer if the truth were revealed. Suits would claim, for example, that the institution covered for him and it might lose its accreditation were the plaintiffs successful. That level of reality will not be reached, however.

Nor is it fair for anyone to point at any of House's shenanigans; he hasn't killed anyone. And Wilson's flirtation with being a young Kervorkian doesn't count either, because, regardless of anyone's feelings about assisted suicide, the circumstances under which he made his decision were different from those faced by Chase.

One final point: Cameron herself wanted to finish the dictator, but Chase stopped her and she came to realize that it was not the proper course. Points for her, but then she gets her nose bent out of joint and this is at least part of the reason she left Chase. Apparently, what's good for the goose is not good for the gander, to use a cliche.

PatH

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's something they're experimenting with this season. There's going to be an episode from Cuddy's P.O.V. this season too.

I really liked it. It was nice seeing what Wilson's day is like; I especially liked the quieter moments with his other patients and the rapport with his assistent, who was as low-key and pleasant as House is not. My favorite part was the punchline of a normal hospital occasionally punctuated by the insanity of House's team. Every time we caught an increasingly riddiculous tidbit about House's case, I got a chuckle. That being said, there was a lot of great character stuff here, too. We got to see Wilson defending House to Cuddy, some staggering moments of honesty from House, and most of all House finally reciprocating the friendship in a truly selfish way. I like the way things have been rotated so that now that House has accumulated the emotional maturity for a serious relationship with Cuddy, it's Cuddy's turn to act childish and spiteful. She's built up a lot of resentment for House over the years, and I think that her relationship with the P.I. (no matter how serious she tells herself it is) is a way of getting back at House. House doing nothing even though it's killing him gave Wilson reason to take House's side.

I loved the loft scene, too. After House taking it in the teeth from Cuddy for most of the season, it was nice to see Wilson punch back on House's behalf. It's also nice that Wilson's finally ready to move on and leave Amber's apartment behind. The characters on this show do progress and evolve, a rarity on TV to be appreciated.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by PatH

Nor is it fair for anyone to point at any of House's shenanigans; he hasn't killed anyone.
I think you forget some shows where he either was directly involved in helping a patient along who would otherwise have lived and addition to a couple who would've/should've lived if not for House's games.

Off the top of my head:
Joel Grey -- first House blatantly violates a DNR then actively helps Grey to die in the end (we didn't see it, but it is strongly suggested).

John Larroquette -- House tells him the option to commit suicide then the most effective technique, then guards the door and establishes an alibi with Wilson

The Wheelchair bound patient with parasite where House knew the diagnosis then proceeded to essentially kill the patient with his Selection Game with some help from 13's inattention (plus killed the dog).

Amber could be considered essentially a House Game death.

Kid who jumped off the parking garage didn't die, but was significantly harmed as a direct

For what it;s worth, the Dictator died of exactly what he entered the hospital with. Chase just basically arranged for what turned out to be the correct treatment to be stopped. That's beyond nitpicking, but Chase didn't do anything except let nature take it's course -- technically the infection killed the dictator rather than anything Chase did (sounds sort of like Asimov's 1st Law's second half was violated)

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
I must have missed some things...

Can someone explain what happened to the patient at the end - was he going back to his ex? What was the deal there?

Also, what happened with the appartment? What made Wilson buy the loft and who was that getting back at?

I watched the whole thing but I missed what happened here...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The patient went back to the new, younger girlfriend, which kind of pissed off Wilson, which was then used for a bit of motivation to go after Cuddy's sought-after apartment after watching her hurt his friend, House, as mild payback.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That just means the seller had a higher asking price, and was holding out for more than what Cuddy was willing to pay, which was the prevailing price....3 months ago. Who knows, did the New Jersey home/apt market get better for sellers in those 3 months?

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

That just means the seller had a higher asking price, and was holding out for more than what Cuddy was willing to pay, which was the prevailing price....3 months ago. Who knows, did the New Jersey home/apt market get better for sellers in those 3 months?
This got me thinking, does anyone know realistically who would be making more money in their respective positions, Cuddy or Wilson? Cuddy is the boss but with practicing doctors there's a question of talent I imagine.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
It could be pretty close - If she is Hospital Administrator and Dean of Medicine then she main well earn as much as most of the doctors she supervises including a fully practicing Oncologist and Head of Dept -- at least until you get to the Glamour Docs (Plastics, Ophthamologists, Cardiac Surgeons, etc). Once you get to the Hospital Administrator/CEO/COO position then the Paperwork person would be at the mid to high end of MD salaries for a decent sized Hospital.

Cuddy would probably easily make more in her current position than as a Primary Care MD or even as a full time Endocrinologist (I think that is her training).

PatH

Second Unit
David:

I take your points, all of them (though I might argue about Cutthroat Bitch), but in every case the circumstances are unique and certainly different from what Chase faced. He made a conscious decision to misdirect information which would have led to a better result for Darth Vader--err, the dictator. The ends do not justify the means unless your name is Nicolo Machiavelli. His actions led to the death of the patient and, as I pointed out, exposed everyone at the hospital to retribution, when in fact the only one who needs to be punished is the one who's going to skate through the whole mess, hoping to learn to be a better doctor in the process. Doesn't matter, though. No matter how many people he saves, he's rotten to the core and has violated inarguably the tenet, "First, do no harm."

PatH

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but saying House is an innocent from violating many of the same tenets is false.

Chase violated the first tenet of being a Modern Physician. Whether he violated a deeper Moral/Ethical standard is still up for debate. If he truly saved 1 million lives by his actions of allowing 1 to die (or preventing him from living) and he ends up not being able to be physician who saves hundreds of lives in his career .............

Of course there are plenty of logical and philosophical holes in any argument like this, but do the ends justify the means from a Human standpoint even though it fails miserably from a Hippocratic one. If it does then it does lend credence to term Hippocritic Oath I have heard applied to the Medical profession from outside and inside the Walls.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks