What's new

Hooking up a Panasonic Plasma to Phillips stereo for surround sound (1 Viewer)

jesse78643

Auditioning
Real Name
Jesse
Hi, I have a Panasonic 46" Class Viera S2 Series 1080p Plasma TC-P46S2 that I want to connect to my Phillips FW-P78 Mini HIFI stereo. The stero works awesome and has previously been in use through my old tv that had the built in converter that allowed all devices to come through the tv to the stero but not so with the new tv. The TV only has an audio out in the Optical Digital TOSLINK and my stereo only has an out for a digital coax audio or an out and in for RCA connections. I would be ok with the RCA audio connections but can't do it from the tv as is. I am curious if I need to get a receiver such as the Pioneer VSX820K to be able to hook all my devices up and have surround sound through the stereo for all items. I have also seen the digital to analog audio converters that appear to eliminate the need to have a receiver in my current setup but look just as expensive to buy as the new receiver. It will be a Dish sat. receiver, PS3, and a Wii connected to the tv. Any advice on the easiest, best, cheapest way to do this etc.?

conuronton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
this is an issue I have with new TVs....NO ANALOG out! Probably your best bet is a GefenTV toslink to analog audio out. Be careful, some models do not support dolby digital. You can also convert toslink to digital coax

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks