What's new

Home Theater 5.1 Speaker set selection (1 Viewer)

arhontis

Auditioning
Real Name
Arhontis
Hello all, I have a living room 6x4 meters and I want to build a home cinema. My budget is low and I have researched some speaker sets (5.1) that I would like your opinion of: 1) Klipsch HD Theater 300 (HDT 300) Home Theater System 2) Infinity Primus HCS 3) Infinity BETA HCS 4) JBL SCS 200.5 I am planning to purchase an amplifier Yamaha RX-V367 with HDMI 4 in/1 out but I might get a newer one that has more audio codecs support (I want to stay low on cost, maintaining the 3D ready and 5.1 support, in addition with more than 2 HDMI in.) My knowledge about audio is very limited, so be patient with me... :) Thank you in advance for any help/direction you can give me...

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
The two Infinity systems would be much better than the Klipsch or JBL ones. They should also be much more expensive. I wasn't even sure the Beta system was still available. At least it isn't here in the US. Infinity phased out the Beta series and replaced them with the Classica series a couple of years ago.

As for the receiver, the 367 is a very entry level model. If you plan on adding a Bluray player then I would move up to the 467. The 367 doesn't decode the new Dolby and DTS HD audio formats found on BR discs.

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Your purchase decision should be based on which of these systems sound best to your ears.

I have listened to a number of Klipsch 5.1 systems and I found them to be a bit too bright at the high end to suit my ears. At first they sound impressive but after a 5 to 10 minutes of listening they became fatiguing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks