What's new

Holy Grail: SE Glitch thread, part 2 (1 Viewer)

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
For those who may be waiting to send there defective discs in, I know it sucks to have to pay for shipping. I actually paid $3.90 to ship it Priority Mail with tracking so I could prove they got it.
Actually, if you are not in a hurry, you can send it Media Mail and you can use "Confirmation" on Media Mail the same way you use it on Priority Mail.

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
Can someone tell me the date of the new VOB files on

the updated disc?

I will go home and check the date on the original disc

that I have.

Thanks!

Old Set;

Disk 1 VOB Files dated 08/30/2001

Disk 2 VOB Files dated 09/01/2001

Joe Schwartz

Second Unit
All of the files on Disc 1 of the updated disc have a date of 9/18/2001, 11:41 AM.

All of the files on Disc 2 of the updated disc have a date of 9/1/2001, 9:10 AM.

Michael Moulton

Stunt Coordinator
I picked this up release week, and the only reason I didn't return it was that it was so cheap on release week...

I'd rather keep it and exchange it when it gets fixed (hopefully it will) rather than pay more for it later.

Jeff F.

Second Unit
I had originally bought this DVD when it was first released and had the subtitle problem. I immediately returned it but didn't repurchase it.

After reading everyone's posts about a possible fix, I repurchased the title over the weekend - and it works without any problems.

The cover didn't have the Columbia rewards sticker on it, which I now believe is how one can tell if the DVD is the corrected version.

Hope this helps.

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
Is there a phone number for CTHE customer service?

I emailed them for info on the replacement program

and I have not heard back?

Thanks,

EBC

Pete_Calderwood

Auditioning
CTHD should just bite the bullet and fix the missing subtitle issue. At least then this issue would die. I for one won't be buying Holy Grail SE with the missing subtitle problem, since CTHD's customer support seems to be lacking.

John CW

Supporting Actor
A quick question: Does anyone know if the R2 version has this problem?

Thanks,

~ John

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
CTHE finally got around to giving me the address to send

the DVD in for an exchange.

Now lets see if they offer an exchange on the Annie DVD?

ChrisKe

Stunt Coordinator
Is there any difference between the original and corrected versions in the text on the disk (i.e. like the "D2R2" for Jurassic Park)?

(I don't have access to a DVD-ROM and so can't check the VOB dates)

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
Bringing to the top only because it has sunk to the second page of a "search" for Grail, and people may still be encountering these problems when they purchase.

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
I have not seen this posted explicitly, so here it is:
Please be advised that this replacement program is for Region 1 (the

U.S. and Canada) only.

To receive a replacement for your Monty Python DVD, please return both

discs in its original packaging to:

In the U.S.:

CTHE

ATTN: Client Operations

10202 W. Washington Bl.

Culver City, CA 90232

Please be sure to include your return address; no p.o. boxes please.

Your replacement will be shipped out

to you in about 3 days after your discs are received. Please allow at

least five (5) working days for delivery.

In Canada:

CTHE - Canada

ATTN: Angie Baker

5650 Yonge Street

North York, Ontario M2M 4G3

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
So is it safe to just send it in, or should I call or contact them before?

It is too bad I need to send the whole package, and not only the DVD itself. Fox, Universal, Anchor Bay etc all only required me to send to disc itself when there was a problem.

Ron Birk

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
Do what I did. I bought it at Best Buy with the intention of exchanging it until I got a clean copy; but didn't have to. The first copy I bought was a good one.

I did look for the copies WITHOUT the sticker on the cellophane (I forget what it was advertising) since I had heard those were the fixed versions.

YMMV

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
I contacted Amazon.com Customer Service by phone, and they agreed to send me a replacement - at no cost to me - for my original pre-ordered copy that has the problem. (I had waited all this time to see if the missing-Swedish-subtitle was going to be restored via a full recall, which sadly has not happened.)
The replacement from Amazon arrived today, and it does not have the sponstaneous subtitle problem, and has the 9-18-02 date on the folders (viewed using a PC). (It also does not have the sticker on the shrink wrap.)
This was shipped from normal Amazon.com stock, so it seems it is safe to order it from Amazon, clearly they have sold (or returned) all of their stock of the original defective pressing.
PS It is still missing the first Swedish subtitle. However, I'm willing to live with that, as actually, it does not ruin the joke (although I definitely agree that it is a flaw since it differs from the original film).
PPS I've been purchasing from Amazon regularly since shortly after they opened, so it is possible that someone who is a recent customer may not get them to waive their nominal 60-day limit on returns... in which case, send it to the manufacturer's address above.

James Corey

Stunt Coordinator
I just realized that I have yet to hear back from CTHE in the US on their suggestions re the damaged replacement disc I received back in December.
I was getting ready to send it to the address for the Canadian distributor noted in an above post, and thought I would verify the address through 555-1212.com .
Oddly enough, they don't confirm that this is the mailing address for CTHE, so much as their records indicate a Mr. Howard M Wasserman resides there. :confused: They don't list any other names/businesses for that addy, like if it were a multi-premise building.
Any observations available from our Canadian members on their success/failure in obtaining a replacement from CTHE - Canada Attn: Angie Baker 5650 Yonge St North York ON M2m 4G3 ??
Since this will be the 2nd time I'll be out of pocket for returning this title, I want to make sure it gets to it's intended destination.
thanks in advance.
JC

MikeSilver

Stunt Coordinator
Any observations available from our Canadian members on their success/failure in obtaining a replacement from CTHE - Canada Attn: Angie Baker 5650 Yonge St North York ON M2m 4G3 ??
Good question. I just contacted CTHE at the email address and was told to ship the whole thing back to this address for replacement. Did anyone get any results sending it here? I don't want to have to pay to ship it to John Q. Public rather than CTHE and end up with nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks