What's new
World Wide Stereo

Hmmm... Paradigm PW-2200 vs Adire Dharman (???) (1 Viewer)

MichaelSLB

Agent
Hmmm...

"I would expect the new pw2200 to be right near the top of the Tom Nousaine list once he has a chance to measure it."

-Tom V.
SVS

"In fact, the measured performance of the Dharman equals that of the Velodyne HGS-15, a $2500 reference level subwoofer!"

-Adire website

I'm trying to decide between these two great
subs. It's mostly for home theater, but music
quality is still important -- although I have
complete confidence that both of these will be
fine for music.

With that said, I have auditioned the Paradigm
at my local dealer and liked it a lot. It really
pounds for the price, and shakes the crap out of
you, the room, the couch, etc, etc!

Both subs are the same price (the Adire being
ordered online from a fellow Canadian store). The
Paradigm can be bought and serviced just down the
road from me, whereas the Adire would have to be
shipped if complications/problems arose.

Any opinions on these subwoofers, and if the
Dharman is better for HT, is it THAT MUCH better
to warrant the potential hassle-factor?

FYI: I considered the Paradigm Servo 15 as well,
but the performace increase over the 2200 is
minimal for the price. If anything, I could
almost get TWO 2200's for the cost of one Servo,
which I trust would blow it's doors off.

Your opinions on this matter would be great!

Oh, and I'm not interested in ordering any of
the subs from the US (SVS, HSU, etc) so please
don't suggest them ;-)

Thanks!

Michael

WayneO

Supporting Actor
I heard the new PW2200, and really wanted it to go along with my Monitors, but went with an SVS. Haven't heard the Adire model, so I'm just saying the Paradigm sounded pretty good and get's a vote as a good product for the $$$, specially up there in Canada.

mark rush

Stunt Coordinator
I like my pw2200's they are not the newest version though, dealer service is a big part also, sorry i can't help you much

MichaelSLB

Agent
Thanks guys!

Here's what I ended up doing... with the great advice from
Chris (thanks!):

I went with a Paradigm PW-2200 V2 for now (from Audio Ark -
Edmonton), but they'll give me FULL trade-up value when I
want to upgrade to the new 12" Seismic sub or Servo 2500!

The Seismic 12" looks like it's gonna be a real giant
killer.

...And I think they're gonna have them in about 45 days or
so. Yippe!

Thanks all! :)

Michael

P.S. I've got the PW-2200 V1 at home right now while I wait
for my new V2 to arrive in 7 - 10 days. But man, this is
one nice sub. Watched The Predator tonight in DTS and had
tons of fun. ;-)

MichaelSLB

Agent
Yeah, thanks again Chris! :)

I actually called Paradigm and they could only give me a
price on one of the new models, the 12" Seismic. They
said that MSRP would be around $2,000 CAD... so I suspect
one should be able to pick it up from a reasonable dealer
for around $1,600 or so.

Hope that helps!

Michael

I was wondering if anybody had prices on the new paradigm subwoofers such as the pw-2100, and Seismic 10" sub, and servo 2500
Canadian prices of these upcoming subs would be nice, if not USD will suffice.
Also does anyone know the possible spl's these subs(seismic 10" & 12", and pw-2100, servo 2500) could reach. I was just wandering cause i heard SVS perform really well for SPL's, i was just wandering how paradigm's SPL's stack up to SVS.

Thanx
Kris

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I'm a little late, but one other thing to consider with the Dharman service wise is Adire does serve the DIY market and all the components of the Dharman are sold seperately (well except for the enclosure).

So if one of the parts does have a problem you could likely get it trouble shot over the phone which part it was and CSS could ship you a replacement for just that part. Really only two things could go wrong (unless you physcially damaged the enclosure). The driver could go, or the amp could go, and both are easy items to swap out.

Time without the sub would be less using this method (unless your Paradigm dealer offered you a replacement item while yours was being fixed) and when the warranty expires replacing parts in the Dharman (not likely, but you never know) would cost much less.

Performance wise, the Dharman would definately play a little louder than the PW2200 (not a large difference but noticable), especially down really low. The comparison would become much closer with the V2 PW2200 though.

The Dharman, PW2200 V1 and Siesmic 12 are all on this compilation of the Nousaine review data.

http://members.cox.net/frankcarter/T...Sub%20Data.htm

There was something damaged on the Dharman during shipping that was reviewed (forget the details, some search on this forum might find a post where Dan Wiggins details what it was), so with the MKIII Shiva instead of the MKII and an undamaged enclosure you could expect slightly higher numbers from it.

cabreau

Second Unit
The PW-2100 was around $750 USD when I was looking over a month ago. The PW-2200 was $899 USD. Because they were giving me 100% trade-in for my sub (had to trade for "like" item only), I ended up getting the PW-2200 (a little overkill, IMHO). If I had been able to put the money from my sub towards the fronts instead, I would have ended up buying an SVS sub.

Joe Mihok

Second Unit
I went with a Paradigm PW-2200 V2 for now (from Audio Ark -
Edmonton), but they'll give me FULL trade-up value when I
want to upgrade to the new 12" Seismic sub or Servo 2500!
That's a great deal! I recently found out about Audio Ark here in Edmonton and was amazed at their service. They told me I would never have to deal with Paradigm if I had any issues with my Monitor 7's and CC370. They said they'd give me a replacement and take care of the problem themselves.

Anyways, I am looking for a new sub as well. Maybe I can hook up with you and check out the PW-2200 one of these days if you don't mind :). I'm still trying to find someone in town with a SVS too .....

Anyways, congrats!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Tom Camlioglu

Stunt Coordinator

Uhh... no.(But I guess that can be subjective to your expectations where value is concerned)

Sorry for my late .02 cents too here guys. I was in the same boat - looking at the 2200 vs. the Servo-15. It's like comapring Godzilla to Godzookey.

And I did think about the (2)2200's option as well considering the price of 1 Servo, but the low end of the Servo-15 is something the 2200 can't approach.

However, all that being said ... I can honestly say that the 2200 would have been my alternate choice if the Servo wasn't available.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
A 20-39PCi should be quite comparible for output. The servo might have a slight edge down below 20hz. The 16-46 would give up nothing and have a slight edge over the entire frequency range a sub is asked to handle. And above 25hz every sub SVS makes would have a slight to a very large output edge over a Servo15.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks