What's new

Hi-Res Audio releases for the week August 27 (1 Viewer)

Emil Stoica

Second Unit
Well it seems their are several SACD/DVD-A audio fans. So if there is interest, I will be posting release lists for the week to keep everyone up on what is coming out. Titles with an * are confirmed.

SACD-

James Taylor - JT (M/C - Single - Sony)*
Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell (M/C - Single - Sony)*
Midori - Violin Sonatas (Stereo - Single - Sony)*
Rolling Stones - Aftermath (US) (Stereo - Hybrid - Abkco)*
Rolling Stones - Beggar's Banquet (Stereo - Hybrid - Abkco)*
Rolling Stones - Big Hits (Stereo - Hybrid - Abkco)*
Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks (Stereo - Hybrid - Abkco)*
Rolling Stones - Out of your Heads UK (Stereo - Hybrid - Abkco)*
Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed (Stereo - Hybrid - Abkco)*
Rolling Stones - Metamorphosis (Stereo - Hybrid - Abkco)*
Rolling Stones - Through The Past (Stereo - Hybrid - Abkco)*

Notes: All of the Rolling Stones discs should be al released by September 4. The above seem to be the first batch. However, depending on the retailer, there is a possibility that more titles may be available on Tuesday. Will update on the 27th.

Also, I just saw the Midori disc. Although it is a stereo disc, it is in a multi-channel sleeve. FYI

DVD-A

R.E.M.: Reveal (Warner)*

Of course, dates are subject to change and I will update once actual confirmation is received.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Silverline sure picks some weird ones. REO Speedwagon? Gary Numan? Oh well, what ever keeps the format moving.

I am curious to hear a Silverline release. They get ignored and slammed a lot. If they ever do release something that would interest me, I'll pick it up.

Note the Bat Out of Hell has already been released (I think) in stereo, so this is continuing the trend of re-releasing them as MCs.

I'm a little dissappointed that Aftermath will be the US version, not UK, but that's alright since Let It Bleed and Begger's Banquet will keep my occupied.

NP: Bartok, Boulez conducting, Concerto for Orchestra / Miraculous Mandarin, SACD

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Emil, thanks for the information. The Taylor SACD interests me in addition to the Stones discs. It's too bad that the Gary Numan DVD-Audio disc will be a Silverline release. I would love to hear "Cars" in high-resolution stereo. :frowning:

Emil Stoica

Second Unit
Yeah, I agree with you on the Silverline discs. I have sworn them off. I am currently listening to the J.T. disc. Initial impression is very good. Sony is on a good little role.

Personally, I will be getting the Meatloaf, all the Stones discs and REM. In addition to a lot of good DVD releases, this is a good week.

NP: James Taylor - J.T. (SACD)

Emil Stoica

Second Unit
Updated:

All the Silverline and AIX DVD-A releases were bumped to next week. So the only DVD-A release is the REM disc.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Emil, how did you get the new Taylor SACD early? I might grab this disc and some of the Stones discs tomorrow. The Stones discs are supposed to be available only in digipaks, but I might hold out awhile to see if they come out in jewel cases. I much prefer jewel cases. I already have the stereo SACD of Meat Loaf Bat Out of Hell, so I will probably hold off on the multi-channel version for now.

Emil Stoica

Second Unit
Keith,

I am lucky that I have some Fry's Electrnoics close. Not only are the prices cheap (15.99 for the JT disc), they regularly put them out early.

As far as the Stones go, I wish they were in Super Jewel Cases. At first, I was going to try and wait but I just know that come tomorrow (or maybe tonight), I will be weak and buy them in the digipaks.

Which ones are you planning on?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Emil, Fry's sounds like a cool store based on their selection of SACDs and low prices. I was in Santa Rosa, CA on business in June, but unfortunately, there is no Fry's there. :frowning: Oh well. Perhaps I'll get to one of those stores one day.
You said:
As far as the Stones go, I wish they were in Super Jewel Cases. At first, I was going to try and wait but I just know that come tomorrow (or maybe tonight), I will be weak and buy them in the digipaks.
Yeah, I will probably be weak too. I am planning on picking up Hot Rocks 1964-71 to start me off. It has the songs I really like, so I figure it's a good place to start.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I would love to hear "Cars" in high-resolution stereo
Well it does not look like Silverline will give you the ultimate rendition of Cars. Cars just happens to be one of the four Live tracks on the Gary Numan disc. I appluad Silverline for giving more support to DVD-A recently then Warner, but I don't appluad them for doing it correctly.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks