What's new

Heroes season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
But as the timelines switched, the paintings changed. The thing they were very careful to do was to keep paintings accurate within their own timelines. Any painting made in a particular timeline came true in that timeline (or hadn't yet come to pass). But the finale blew all that away. We now have in our timeline (sorry, don't know the "F-" designation) paintings of NYC biting the big one and Nathan in the oval office.

It doesn't really bug me, or anything. I just sort of expected the writers to come up with some way for Isaac's paintings to be infallible AND save NYC, since the paintings' infallibility seemed so important previously.

TV555

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Veryal
I like that Nathan had to make a decison. It appears he gave up the Presidency or becoming a public hero to save his brother and become a private hero if not a martyr.
W/ foreknowledge of a disaster he knew what he had to do.

Some other weak minded people may have sat around dumbfounded despite being warned ahead of time. In fact, they probably would be manipulated easily by others in their low IQ attempts to be a hero in rewritten history.

Why Hiro did not behead Sylar and say "There can be only one" I do not know. The preverted side of me would have had him do some odd sex-repressed Japanese anime action to Sylar's brain cavity.

Sylar is truely an evil character and the one sympathy episode did not whitewash him in anyway.

Have you guys read the online comic? The Hana Gitelman story is very retarded, but some of the others provide interesting perspectives.

Does anyone else think Nathan and Peter are not really blood brothers?
Sylar's dad (the super evil mystery guy for next season?) and Linderman/Father Petrelli could be like Niki/Jessica?
What does the Mom do, did Peter let it slip anywhere? What power did Charles's daughter have and you know Peter has it?

If Peter were a true Martyr, he'd hand his brain to Sylar. Then Sylar would not have to kill anyone. It would save a lot of lives and maybe like Neo and Smith they would produce a normal person.

What if Linderman was not supposed to die based on some earlier Generations concept? It would leave Super Bad Guy and the Petrelli Mother.

How come Hiro does not talk to Mohindar's dad and figure out they just need to be nice to Sylar at an early age to keep on their side?

Endo is like Sam from LOTR, so let the in-you- endo begin ;)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

Except that we saw that in 5 years (in an alternate future) when he felt he had all the power he needed, he still wanted to "eliminate the competition" (by ordering the genocide of all mutants). So it's not just that he wants power. He also doesn't want anyone else to be "special" like he is.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Did you know there's a Heroes drinking game? Apparently it was invented by Ross Anderson, the show's prop master. Every time Peter straightens his hair*, Hiro straightens his glasses or Mohinder says, "my father's research", you take a drink. :) I'm not sure how anyone playing this game gets to the end of an hour without passing out cold. :D

(This was mentioned at one of the press things with the cast on stage in an auditorium, and when someone goaded Sendhil Ramamurthy into saying "my father's research", all the actors drank from their water bottles.)

Regards,

Joe

* am I the only one who was hoping that Sylar would cut enough off when he tried to slice Peter's head open that it would stop falling into his eyes? C'mon, Pete, you're the man of the family now. Get a freakin' haircut. :D

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
I thought the finale was ok. Had some nice resolutions and some cheese. I did expect a little more from Sylar and Peters fight given the lead up. The 5 week season length is a valid point but maybe we could have had a little more without a Neo vs Smith crapfest.

Nathans appearance at the end caught me out as I'd completely bought into the role he was playing in front of Granny Petrelli.

TV555

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Veryal
The guy in the hill is Endo, b/c his character has been useless so far.
Could be Hiro's Dad too?

I'm pulling for Sylar
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
as the soldier.

I still don't get why Hiro cannot easily dispatch Sylar at any time. Take him out w/ the "magic condom." Have him disappear when he's traveling around the US. Go back and make him a good guy.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
I go with the theory (or "Rule") that you can't change the past but you can change the future.

He couldn't save the waitress because she had already died in his linear timeline. He couldn't go back and change what had already happened to him. He can go forward, check out the future, return to his original (or linear) timeline, attempt a change, go forward and check results, repeat as necessary.

I think that everything he does in the distant past will turn out to be needed to assure the present. If he alters the present in a dramatic fashion then the writers will have created a gigantic reset button (and destroyed any semblance of continuity, IMHO).

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I havent been watching this show. A friend of mine says I should especially with my love of comic books (the older ones at least).

Just read Dania Rameriez(X3, Sopranos) is being added for next season and theyre keeping her power under wraps for now.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Interesting theory. It would also explain why Future Hiro, with all of his meticulous planning still failed to enact serious change (he saved the cheerleader but the bomb still went off) but our Hiro could pop forward and get the information he needed to succeed.

John Chow

Second Unit
I'm sorry if it's already been discussed, but why didn't they just let Claire shoot Peter to stop the bomb? Just didn't understand why they were making such a big deal out of shooting him when he's practically invincible. I'd say it's actually much more questionable as to whether or not he can regenerate after blowing up. Or have Niki smack him over the head to knock him out, or one of the other bajillion ways to have him lose consciousness...

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

The problem was they didn't know what would happen if they did shoot him. IIRC Ted mentioned he feared that he might explode if someone shot him.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

Shooting him would make him lose control even quicker with the possible exception of shooting him in the part of the brain that negates his powers. It has been discussed as to whether shooting him there would kill him or just incapacitate him in a way that he could eventually recover from. Based on what we see in the episode (and the characters certainly are no experts about it themselves, so I can only attach so much credibility to what they say), shooting him in that area would have killed him. So it seems the only real question is why not just go ahead and kill him. The reason is because Nathan got there before they had to. Why risk Nathan as well as Peter? Well, the answer to that comes next season.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Also while evidently not easy to shoot someone you care about, she was gonna do it, till Nathan showed up. Now when the man's own brother (to whom no one there had any particularly deep attachment, even Claire) decided to give up his life to help his sibling, who agrees, who is to say anything?

That last sentence is confusing, I haven't the will to rephrase :)

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks