What's new

Help with Soundbar Selection - Multiple Consoles > Receiver > Soundbar (1 Viewer)

Dave Lemasa

Auditioning
So I have two beautiful Mirage towers that I need to get out of the living room for space reasons. I'm currently running 5 HDMI devices (1 cable box and 4 VG/BR consoles) into a Denon AVR-2113CI and then single HDMI into my TV. I'm unable to run a true HT set-up due to space, etc. I bought a Speakercraft CS3 as a replacement, but one of the drivers is "popping" - A LOT. I'm returning it.

I'm shooting for the best simulated surround possible with about a $400/500-ish budget. My goal is to basically run my receiver into a soundbar *if that's even possible*. The problem I keep bumping into is everything is Digital Optical/RCA input and I can't seem to find an HDMI "passthrough" solution whereby I could connect my receiver via HDMI to a soundbar, which in turn could run another HDMI into the TV, effectively running audio into the speaker while letting the video go to the TV. Ideally, I'd like to find something that will allow me to run discrete channels into it via speaker wire, but I'm imagining that's expensive.

I'm considering getting a ZVOX, but again, the input problem. Anyone have any recommendations? I have found some soundbars that have HDMI in and out, but they are Sony/Samsung and I don't know if the quality is there. Bottom line, I'm hoping to avoid settling for just running an optical cable to the soundbar from the TV because of the TV's lack of dts, Dolby, etc. processing. If I'm forced to do that, what are good options (soundbar, pedestal, etc.) for simulated surround?

Edit: My TV is a Toshiba that outputs Dolby Digital and PCM via the optical out.

Thanks!

Dave Lemasa

Auditioning
Also, receiver ins/outs pic below. Is that RCA "out" limited to only those devices connected to the RCA connections below it? Does that help with the connectivity issue?

x033AV2113C-B.jpeg

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

Dave Lemasa

Auditioning
Hah! Well, I'm taking your advice, we'll see if Amazon does that. Otherwise that's exactly what I'm looking for. I have a subwoofer already, so I'm good there. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks