What's new

Help on Projector Installation.........!!!! (1 Viewer)

MikeKS

Auditioning
Hi, hope you guys can help me. I am putting in my first home theater and plan on using the BenQ 8700+ projector from a ceiling mount, however when I look at the factory suggested throw settings I am concerned that the projector may have to be too close to my seating area.

I have a 16'6" long room 11'6" wide with 9' ceilings, the viewing will be done from the 16'6" room length. I plan on a 45X80 screen. According to projector central calculator I need my seating to start at about 8' from the screen and plan on two rows of seating.

Now the throw on the BenQ 8700+ shows a maximum distance from the screen at 132.8" or 11 feet which will be right over the "middle' of my seating area............won't this be distracting to viewers in the back row??

Never done this and dont' want to make a bad mistake. Please help!

TIA
Mike

mark alan

Supporting Actor
I sit right under my projector (sanyo z1) and never even notice that it is there. It depends upon the projector and your sensitivity. Some projectors have a lot of light spill out the back, which can be distracting. Others make noise at a certain frequency which is more noticable, or they are significantly lounder in certain areas (like right below the projector.

I don't know anything about your projector, so I have no real advice. However, I doubt that it will be a problem.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
This won't be a problem. I have a similar scenario except I have 12ft ceilings and I do not notice it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks