What's new

$7K Projector Budget (1 Viewer)

PSYLNT2UHD

Premium
Real Name
Michael Rozman
I'm researching projectors leaning more towards Laser, 4K models. Nothing is in stone. My HTRoom is 16'6" from the projector lens to the Display wall and the Display screen will be 107" wide. Which models would you be considering? One model that I like is the VPL-XW5000ES. I'm no expert and beginning to appreciate the technology and differences but not sure I could really differentiate yet aside from reviews and obvious necessities why I might go with a JVC, Sony or other.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I'm researching projectors leaning more towards Laser, 4K models. Nothing is in stone. My HTRoom is 16'6" from the projector lens to the Display wall and the Display screen will be 107" wide. Which models would you be considering? One model that I like is the VPL-XW5000ES. I'm no expert and beginning to appreciate the technology and differences but not sure I could really differentiate yet aside from reviews and obvious necessities why I might go with a JVC, Sony or other.
You need to provide a little more information.

• What screen size [aspect ratio] do you have?
  • Do you watch mostly movies or a fair amount of TV/sports in this room?
  • Do you care about 3D?
  • Do you use a ceiling mount?
  • Is your room light-controlled. Can you make it completely dark when needed?
  • Are you most concerned with HDR performance or contrast.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I would also add, how often will you be able to swing buying another projector at $7K?

I ask because my very first budget for a projector, back in 2004, was $7K. However, just a little over five years after purchase it developed a dreadful DLP wheel whine that was going to cost too much to repair, so I ended up having to get a new projector. For me five years for $7K was way too short. Now, I've had much better success with my next two projectors, but I have since confined myself to a $2.5K budget going forward. Whether you may run into upgraditis or maybe I just had terrible luck with my first projector, but I now plan for five years as my target date for a potential new projector purchase.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
I love AWOL's flagship LTV-3500, which came in second in our UST Projector Shootout Evaluation event. We have the LTV-3500 on display in our showroom.

The promotional sale for $4,899 expired this weekend and is available at all AWOL Vision authorized dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks