What's new

help me choose a system (1 Viewer)

alfonso raman

Auditioning
i am interested in a totally new system (tv, dvd, sound). I already know i will get a plasma tv or projector (i have little space)and for dvd, what is good for the price? i would prefer if it had bnc connections. as for audio, i like bassy music and action movies so bass is a plus. i would like a medium power reciever or seperates with 80 or more watts/channel. i will have more movies than music and have space for large speakers. the budget is around 6-14k for dvd and audio. any help is apreciated. plasma recs. would be good, too.

Bob_Nelson

Auditioning
Well if you are going to get a plasma TV then your budget is fairly big. Look at the Pioneer Elite series of equipment. They are pretty pricey but very good. As for speakers I have heard the Paradigm series are very good. Bose are good except everything I have read is that they are overpriced. Sony makes a 61" LCD HD TV for $7800 that is pretty impressive.

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
alfonso,
A friend of mine recently asked me to outline what kind of a system he could put together for a similar amount. I sent him an email with a lot of specifics. I'd be happy to forward the email to you, just to give you some ideas, if you wish. My email is: [email protected]
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks