What's new

Help? lowest cost, highest value 1080p projector? (1 Viewer)

inspector1

Auditioning
Real Name
William
I have inherited an older nice home theater system. I have come to the point that I need to update and replace some equipment. Few phone calls have conveyed to me I need to basically change the projector, get a new A/V receiver and blu-ray dvd player.....already got hd satellite. Old specs are as follows:

Function Equipment
A/V Recei[/b]ver Adcom GTP-750
Da-Lite Screen (recessed motor mount)
Custom/programmable lighting
Projector (Ceiling Mounted) Zenith Pro900X ( 3-gun/HD)
DVD Player (Now dead…) Pioneer DV-F07 (will be replacing to Blu-Ray single player, not determined what to get yet, want to spend around $300)
AC Enhancer Adcom ACE-615
Video Scaler Crystal Image VS2.0
Amp Sherbourne Model 5/1500A
Center Speaker KEF Reference Series - model 100
Wall and Rear Wall (4 total) KEF ci200 QS
Sub Velodyne SPL10 (upgraded and recently repaired)
Grafix eye, reader
DirecTV DirecTV HD receiver
Remote MX-900 (new)

VCR been removed, not using
Computer hook-up been removed, not using
Games, etc been removed, not using

Distance from ceiling mount to screen is approx. 12'

All equipment, with the exception of the projector from ceiling, has been removed and old wiring that is not needed has been taken out, etc.

I am not a video guy nor do I spend much time with home theater watching, but figured I should make the best of what was probably an expensive room this guy built 9 years ago.

thx

william

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
One of the low cost high value 1080p projectors is the Sanyo Z700 aka 1080HD.

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
I agree with Cameron. I just purchased the Z700 and I love it! I don't have a BluRay player yet(got one coming in February) but even with my sd dvd player everything looks great. I also have an XBox 360 and my games never looked better. The Z700 is also one of the quiestest projectors I've ever used. You can barely tell it is even on! In my opinion, the Z700 is a great way to get into 1080p HD. ProjectorPeople.com has it at $1799 with a $200 rebate from Sanyo, knocking it down to $1599.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
bestbuy.com has it (listed as the 1080HD) on sale at 1499.99 BUT, it's not available in stores so you have to pay $92 in shipping. BUT you can also get a free $100 Best Buy gift card with the purchase.

The projector is currently on back order status, but it's a heckuva deal.

inspector1

Auditioning
Real Name
William
I really have no idea as to what I want. I would suspect LCD as I have LCD HD TV's.....any comment to this.

Also, do you have any idea as to why I can't reply to people who send an email to me in the post area. I am selling some old equipment and it will not let me reply essentially back.

Thanks

William

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
I'm not sure why you cannot respond to emails in the post area. As far as LCD or DLP, that makes no difference with the fact you are using an LCD HDTV. And as to whether you want DLP or LCD , I personally have not seen any 1080p DLP's priced lower than the price of the Z700. I'm not saying they are not there, I have just not seen them listed at a lower price. Thats why I suggested the Z700.

Ennsio

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
If you want to educate yourself a bit on what is out there for projectors and the advantages/disadvantages of DLP vs. LCD projectors, go to Projector Central . That is one of the best websites for information about projectors. You can then also read reviews there on any projectors recommended to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks