What's new

Help : LG 42LD450 and Vizio S3851x problem (1 Viewer)

pbear23

Auditioning
Real Name
etienne
Hi everyone,

I'm really new in term of pimping my TV setup, except for the fact that I have a hdmi splitter and a laptop connected to stream stuff to my TV..

I decided to go with a soundbar + subwoofer + 2x satellite speakers with this Vizio s3851x kit.

I mounted everything and did a clean cable job but I'm getting no audio from my TV. I must have done something wrong or maybe I'm missing a converter from what I've read..

There's no optical setting in my TV only speaker on-off which I tried.

Here's my setup :

Soundbar plugged with optical cable to
42LD450 LG TV
And some HDMI devices all plugged into HDMI splitter (PS4, cable box, laptop). The HDMI correctly sends audio.

Am I stupid or it doesn't work that way? From what I understand, devices send audio to TV with HDMI then TV outputs sound through optical and into soundbar... but nothing comes out

Thanks ALOT for your help or hints in advance

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
From what I can decipher you have everything hooked up correctly. However, I would simplify it in order to determine what's going on.

1. Hook the TV to the soundbar with the optical cable.
  2. Put something on the TV so you have some sound.
  3. Remove the HDMI switch and use something directly connected to the TV as the source.
  4. Now make sure the soundbar is on the optical input.
  5. Check to see if you have sound on the soundbar. If yes you're good.
  6. If no check the settings on the TV to make sure the optical port is enabled. Keep the speakers on as this might disable the optical port.
If this doesn't work then you might have a bad soundbar or something could be wrong with the TV. I would contact customer service and check with them.

pbear23

Auditioning
Real Name
etienne
i don't really get it, nothing much different that what I have right now. i probably think it's something to do with my TV not able to output PCM sound via optical and if that's the case i can't do nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks