What's new
World Wide Stereo

Help Kenwood VR-7070 Hookup Problem (1 Viewer)

Peter W.H

Grip
I am helping a friend hook up his VR-7070 receiver. He has no manual for the receiver. I have everything hooked up with no problems except the pre-wired speakers he has on his patio. I have searched but can't find anything to specifically help me with this problem.

My question is this:

He is running a 6.1 speaker system in his living room theater. Each speaker in the setup is hooked up via bare wire twisted under binding posts for the 6 channels. The Subwoofer is connected via a subwoofer cable to the Sub connection. Everything for DVD player works excellent.

The problem is that I am also attempting to hook up his 2 patio speakers to the unit for radio? I see a room B hookup but this is RCA white / red hookup, not a speaker wire hookup. I also see 2 red, 2 black spring connector speaker hookups that show additional speakers.

So my question is can this receiver somehow hook up these outdoor speakers and if so how do I do it. He swears that he used to have it hooked up with no additional special cable ends and he could listen outside? I don't even want to separate the outdoor speakers from the inside.

My only thought is can I double up the main speakers to push this outside also?

Thanks for any assistance. No manual makes this a little harder.

Peter

728x90

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks