What's new

Help choosing Internet Player (1 Viewer)

stymie222

Agent
Real Name
Alan
I ran accross the new Netgear EVA 2000 reviews and this looks like something I have been waiting for. I didn't know these were available yet and they seem like the next big step in unplugging cable and satellite.

The support of high resolution during playback was in question in a review of the Netgear player. Suggestions for a different player included a Seagate Free Agent and others.

I would welcome anyone's input as to what internet player I should buy. I will mainly use it for internet video content such as YouTube, but will also use it for my own video movie library. Resolution is a big factor for anything streamed to my 50" Plasma

A link to reviews, features and products would help.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Have you considered a PS3 or XBox 360? I have both (OK, my son has both) and I really like the integration with my home media and internet media. Plus, the PS3 will double as a bluray player.

I also recently purchased a few TiVo Premieres. While they are not there yet, I really like the direction they are heading. They are aiming to seamlessly integrate internet, home media, and TV.

Of course none of these options I mention are dedicated to the task, so I'm sure more dedicated boxes will offer more bells and whistles...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks