What's new

Hello all! Newbie from New York... (1 Viewer)

Danny Lopez

Auditioning
Real Name
Danny Lopez
Just like to introduce myself. I'm Danny from the great state of New York. I started working on my audio system in my Jeep and soon thereafter moved into the apartment with the thoughts of upgrading my home theater. Doing this in an apartment is tricky . First dealing with the wife and then the neighbors isn't easy. But I have to be respectful. Anyways, I'll be posting a lot to pick everyone's brains. So be prepared. Some might say "Audiophile", but I consider myself an audio & video enthusiast!

BTW...
Please don't take offense to the obnoxious username. It's just some New York humor that stuck with me over the years.

Be well & be safe
Danny

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:welcome: , Danny!

I'm from upstate...right across the Hudson from Albany. What part of NY are you from!

You will find that we have a lot of smart & helpful members here who will be able to answer pretty near any question about HT that you might have!

full

Danny Lopez

Auditioning
Real Name
Danny Lopez
Thank you neighbor!!!

I'm in Altamont/Guilderland - 10 mins west of downtown Albany

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
We've got a nice, small (but hardcore) group from the Capital District here.

We've been known to meet up at the local movie houses and such on occasion.

Like I said, ask your questions...we'll get you answers. If you've got any questions about the forum itself, we have a "Forum Feedback' forum...or just send me a private message (through the "conversation" feature). It is (the envelope icon) just to the right of your UserID in the black bar at the top of any HTF page.

Danny Lopez

Auditioning
Real Name
Danny Lopez
This is great! Audio/video enthusiast seem to be a very small group of people. It's hard to find people near you with the same passion for great sound and spectacular pictures.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah. I find that most people fall into the "if the TV is big, it's gotta be good" category. Same with speakers, etc.

Everyone here has a different story...based on their budget...or their profession....or their background....or education....or whatever set of circumstances you can name. And they all have a different degree of knowledge in different parts of the HT equation. We have experts on film preservation, hardware, software, film itself, audio, music, etc.

If you check out our mission statement, you'll see what we are all about. You'll find we're a little different than most online forums in that we allow NO talk about politics and religion. And we encourage people to use their real names and, generally, behave themselves. :D So many other forums are lawless!

We also have a set of rules which helps define us.

Danny Lopez

Auditioning
Real Name
Danny Lopez
It's refreshing to know that you're keeping honest people honest! I have more than 20 years experiences in building products. From the budget conscience to the folks who buy a $10 million dollar house - knock it down and rebuild a $15 million dollar house. Born and raised in Brooklyn and lived most of my life on Long Island. So this is where & when I got the itch! Wife and I just moved up to the Capitol Region last April. It's a completely different life. I'll be looking forward to all dialogue with everyone and hopefully meeting some in the near future.

Danny Lopez

Auditioning
Real Name
Danny Lopez
Hello all. Nice to read that there are more Capital Region folks. Look forward to sharing our ideas about our passion for audio & video.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks