What's new

HDMI underscan problem (1 Viewer)

murrayThompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Murray Thompson
I have a problem as my projector wont allow any form of overscan on HDMI 720p or 1080i. (see my post Oct 29)
I believe this is normal am I right or wrong?
It would probably be ok on a TV as they have an overscan built in, but I only wish to use this for projection. The overscan is built into the projector and everything works well on component,s video and everything under 720p and 1080i on HDMI.
Does anyone know if a setting can be changed internally on the projector which is the new Panasonic PT AE700E?
The player Im using is Pioneer DV S969AViG which I have set to 1280x720 matching the projector resolution.
I have a fantastic picture but frustrating looking at fussy edges that arnt hidden behind the black masking when on HDMI.
I have a great picture but really only playing everything through component to get the clean edges.
Has anyone else seen this problem and what does one do about it. Seems terrible to invest so much money on good equipment to end up with this sort of a result!

Steven_Lazarus

Stunt Coordinator
I would call the Panny company on this one so you get some info straight from the horses mouth, not saying you might not get lucky here. But that sounds like it might be some kind of compatibility problem, but few here are going to be able to answer that one. But you never know! hope you get it figured out and post back to let us all know what your able to find out...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks