What's new

HDMI Splitter for sharing 1 HD input between cable and xbox? (1 Viewer)

MK92

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
I have a 2001 Mitsubishi rear projection 65" TV (WS-65809) and it only has 1 1080i HD input (or at least 1 that works). I want to connect my xbox 360 to this input but right now the cable box is connected to the HD. is there a cord or other component I can buy so that i can use both the cable box and the xbox 360 on the same input and switch between them? Also my Xbox has 1 of those older cables with the HD switch on it (it is a gray cable). The cable also has a little output port for the audio which I use to connect the audio to my surround sound. Would I have to buy a new cord or can I use this old one (it has a switch and u can switch it to "HDTV").

Also my cable box is a comcast one and it has a red monster cable, a blue monster cable, and green, red and blue small cables leading to the back of the tv. if i unplug one of the monster cables the cable audio goes out and if i unplug one of the smaller green/red/blue cables that color goes out. I cannot see what goes to the back of the TV because it is enclosed in a frame. will an hd splitter still work? Even on HD it seems that the thin cables are controlling the picture (and I am positive it is an HD picture).

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Welcome to Home Theater Forum Michael. You are referring to component outputs (the three red, blue green jacks) on your cable box and XBOX, but mention that you are looking for an HDMI splitter. I'm having trouble finding the specs or a manual on your set. Does it even have an HDMI input? I'm just wanting to make sure I recommend the right solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks