What's new

HD & Service Plan (1 Viewer)

Dave Nibeck

Stunt Coordinator
Getting ready to purchase mits 65".

The price for a 5 year service plan $500.

I have had my current Sony RPTV for 5 years w/o problem. Any thoughts?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

JerryLA

Stunt Coordinator
Dave,

I purchased my HD Pioneer in April last year and debated the extra cost of buying the Extended Service Policy. I live about 4 hours away from any large city, so really debated the issue. I checked with the service company that would handle the service, about 3 hours away to find out the policy on service in my particular area. At the time they told me there was no problem in them covering basic cleanings?, and any other problems I might have as they regularly come to my area. I might not get overnight service, but could expect 2 to 3 day turn around. I've had no problems so far. Since my experience with HD sets and rear projection systems I decided to take the policy. I guess I'll find out in April when I call for an appointment. I wonder if the "extended service" covers ISF calibration? I've talked to another company in Denver that does ISF to see what they would charge for a calibration. With travel time from Denver it would be quite expensive. I feel comfortable knowing I have the policy but a little apprehensive about what to expect when I really need it. From what I've read in this forum the opinion seems to be mixed. I'd suggest go with your gut feeling about the policy to give you the comfort level you need.

Jerry

DougRuss

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think any"Extended Warranty " plans, ISF Calibration is done? That is something that you'll have to pay for, to have a Qualified ISF Tech come out to do .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks