What's new

Have you heard of Nina's Oldies.com? (1 Viewer)

RobertGr

Second Unit
Hi to all

I don't know if you all have heard about Nina's Oldies.com? Somehow they put me on their mailing list and I received their catalog in December. The first disc I purchased was THE LAST DAYS OF POMPEII (1935) which they had on closeout sale at 6.98!!!!! They have sales like that on major labels in every issue of the catalog which is really like a newspaper. The last issue they sent me two weeks ago had another closeout sale - I grabbed the following THE MARK OF ZORRO (1940), A YANK IN THE R.A.F, THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK, and I AM A FUGITIVE FROM A CHAIN GANG all for $6.98 each. All are brand spanking new just closeouts. Other great titles are on sale from Fox, Warners and Columbia from Nina's. I already have ZORRO and CHAIN GANG on laser but wanted to add them to my dvd collection and at that price it is very affordable to add the titles to your dvd collection. RANDOM HARVEST, THE AGONY AND ECSTASY, THOSE MAGNIFICENT MEN IN THEIR FLYING MACHINES, THE RAINS CAME were some other notable titles at 6.98! Nina's is in PA I live in NY the service is quick, I mailed my last order last Thursday and the order will ship in a day or two!

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
They started out just selling Alpha discs but grew larger the past couple years. I've bought from them for five or so years and never had a problem.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I believe Nina's is the actual Alpha company. You get on their mailing list by sending in the post card that is inside the Alpha releases.

Their catalogs also sometimes have listings of every TVONDVD release available which is a good reference to have on hand for a reminder of what's out there. (Good for me since I think my mailman is stealing my Critic's Choice catalog).

They also carry music CD collections and record player/cd combo machines.

And entertainment books. They carry some of the ridiculously expensive McFarland Books for $5.00 or $10.00 cheaper than buying them direct from McFarland. Plus free postage on orders over $50.00.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Alpha/Nina's is really Collectables Records, a longtime oldies reissue label that's been doing retail and mail order for years. You can get all kinds of vintage music from the 30s-90s on CD and even some vinyl through their catalogs and online.

walter o

Supporting Actor
I like many of the collectable CD they put out, however, just a warning, their CD sounds are unusually low, almost like a CD from 1992!

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Thank you Robert, decided to give them a go; however, despite their claims that they don't take payment until they ship, it's several days since they processed my credit card payment and yet the titles still sit there 'processing'. I've emailed them twice without response. Not a good first experience thus far...

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Walter...DUH... these are "oldies" so the studio equipment and technology used when these songs first came out are most likely (if not always) pre 1992. They are not going to be something you play on a 1,000 watt car system. They offer titles from out of print labels and such.

Eric

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My first and last order. All items were shown 'in stock' at the time of ordering, it took them 10+ days to get it in the mail, and despite my on-line account showing all four items having shipped, when it arrived today, there were only two items, the other two being 'unavailable'. There was no mention of this when they finally responded to my earlier emails either.

The only way to take the sting out of their postage charges was to crank it up to four items (postage to the UK being a few cents short of the of two items alone); now I feel well and truly stung.

EDIT; some of the sting has been removed; Oldies has refunded me $3.95 for the missing discs, but they do need to tidy up their on-line stock levels.

RobertGr

Second Unit
John I would try to contact them as they have a very good customer service department! My two orders have been totally trouble free and quick!
I have bought 4 discs so far and have gotten them quickly after ordering. Interesting situation on my purchase of I AM A FUGITIVE FROM A CHAIN GANG though. I ordered it along with A YANK IN THE R.A.F. and THE MARK OF ZORRO and THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK. When I received I AM A FUGITIVE it was not shrink wrapped I e-mailed them immediately and the answer within 10 hours saying that was the way the discs were recieved from Warners. The were all BRAND NEW bought all were not shrink wrapped, I wonder if although available as a single was the copy I received part of a box set that has been discontinued?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks