What's new

Have to admit it, I really liked 'TREMORS 3'. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
First off, I loved parts 1 and 2, and when I saw this one for rent at my local dvd retailer, I rented it, and really enjoyed it.
Granted not the best CGI work in the world but I like the movies spirit, and besides Michael Gross kicks Graboid ass! What can I say, i'm a sucker for these movies, they don't mean any harm and they're alot of fun, especially the original.
To those that have also seen 'Tremors 3', did'nt the guy who played Jack, at times, look and sound just like Brad Pitt?!
"Damn Graboids never cut ya any slack!"
Earl Basset, Tremors 2
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

Julie K

Screenwriter
Yep, I really enjoy all three Tremors movie. The CGI graboid wasn't real convincing in Tremors 3, but it was still great fun.
I'm sure you'll recognize my .sig
wink.gif

------------------
My DVDs
"Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"

Rob_C

Stunt Coordinator
I thought Tremors 3 was one of the worst movies I have seen all year. The first was great, the second wasn't as good but still a good flick. 3 was just awful. Everything that was established about the creatures was just thrown out the window for this one. Bad just bad.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I loved Tremors and Tremors 2: Aftershocks, but in all honesty what the fuck wen't wrong? I thought Tremors 3: Return to Perfection was just horrid. It was nice to see characters from Tremors to return, but Michael Gross can't carry a Tremors film on his own at all and the new characters added were annoying and I was hoping one of those flying graboids would've just lighted them on fire with their ass rockets or whatever they were called. A real dissapoitment after I was expecting to love this (just like the previous two films).
The graboids have been underground, on ground, and now in the air. What's next for the graboids Tremors 4? All of the Perfection population (all 9 of them) go to Lake Mead and the graboids can somehow swim?
biggrin.gif

------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Matthew,
Don't you remember hearing that the original idea for Tremors 3 was suppose to take place under water.
The grabnoids were suppose to swim.
------------------
[Edited last by JohnS on October 15, 2001 at 09:33 AM]

Julie K

Screenwriter
I'm not sure I understand the criticisms of the shriekers turning into ass blasters. These creatures change. In the first, they got smarter. In the second, they turn into shriekers. I don't see how the presence of ass blasters throws the whole concept out the window. Actually, I think the whole thing was rather well done. I'll even let 'em do the swimming graboids next time - maybe we'll get to see Burt with swim fins and spear guns :)
Tremors 3 won't win any Oscars, but it's far from being horrid. It kept a smile on my face and I'll take any chance to watch Burt be Burt.
------------------
My DVDs
"Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Thank you for the defense Julie. :)
How can anyone not like a movie that has the balls to name their creatures 'Ass Blasters'!
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks