What's new

Has anyone seen "Reptilian" (1 Viewer)

Ed Jewell

Agent
Has anyone seen this movie? if so, is it worth at least renting. I have been a Godzilla fan since I was a child. If I remember correctly, it looks like a Korean knock-off of Godzilla. My local Block Buster did not even bother carrying the DVD version (only the VHS). In YHO is "Reptilian as good, better, or worse than "Godzilla 2000".
Thanks ;)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
After a long back order, mine is on the way. Ok, I am taking a chance with it, but I read a review about it just after it came out in Korea and they claimed that it wasn't cheesy or fake in any way. They had really done a great job on it. I'll get back after I've seen it.

Glenn

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I just got done seeing it and I liked it. I'd put it way above Godzilla 2000 just for the fact that Reptilian isn't in a rubber suit.

The main characters are all US/Canadian, and the cops, pilots and the thousands of dead bodies are Korean. This thing could kick Godzilla's but in a heartbeat and the plot was out of the ordinary too.

Glenn

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I too was going to buy it, buy the $17+ at Best Buy was WWWAAAYYY too much. When it drops real low, then I'll get it. I heard it was pretty good! :D :D

Gunnar Syren

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gunnar Syrén
I beg to totally disagree. I thought the CGI on Reptilian was atrocious, and I would have preferred a man in a suit over those effects any day.
If they had gone with a man in a suit they might also have had some money left over to pay for decent actors.
The plot was out of the ordinary. Well, I guess I would agree with that, but not in a positive way.
I guess if you preferred the Emmerich/Devlin Godzilla over the Japanese films, then you might like Reptilian. But I wouldn't bet on it...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks