What's new

Harry Potter Wizards Collection Blu-ray/DVD Combo available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The first post has been updated with full details of the release.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Three things:
The Harry Potter books are still getting young kids interested in reading.
There are probably a lot of parents of kids who've recently discovered the books who are primed to buy the movies for the first time.
There's at least one of those parents who's going to buy secondhand copies of the "Ultimate" blu editions for around $20 apiece instead of dropping ludicrous bills on this behemoth. ;)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
The Harry Potter series was recently released as eBooks, opening the series up to a whole other audience. I read the entire series again in 3 weeks time on my Kindles.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
ULTRAVIOLET™ DIGITAL COPY
Warner Bros. is taking Digital Copy to a whole new level. The Harry Potter Wizard’s Collection UltraViolet Digital Copy includes a Standard Definition Digital Copy of all 8 Harry Potter main feature films. Special features not included. Limited Time Offer. Restrictions and limitations apply. Go

What.. the.. Hell. You just paid $500 for a box set, and they give you STANDARD definition digital copies? What kind of cheapness is this?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by mattCR /t/318967/harry-potter-wizards-collection-blu-ray-dvd-combo-available-for-preorder#post_3921449

What.. the.. Hell. You just paid $500 for a box set, and they give you STANDARD definition digital copies? What kind of cheapness is this?
When ULTRAVIOLET is involved, expect to be disappointed... :P

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I've downloaded tons of digital copies from all the studios that offer them. They're ALL standard definition. I can't recall a single HD digital copy. Nothing to do with Ultraviolet, that's just the way it is.

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all---
I wouldn't say we're top-tier fans, but my son and I are definitely fans of the books and films, and we were holding off on buying the films on home video because I knew they'd release some sort of comprehensive box at some point.
Anyway, I guess I'm a little disappointed with the Wizards Collection announcement. I'm sure the diehard fans are impressed, but the price is a deal-breaker for me. I wanted the films and some bonus video content---deleted scenes, documentaries, etc. The container is nice as are the other bits of memorabilia, but these are not things on which I would normally spend my money...especially THAT MUCH money...!
So, maybe I'm reading it wrong, but have ALL of the details of this set been announced? Because, if so, it doesn't appear that any mention has been made of additional, previously unreleased deleted scenes being included. If that's the case---that the newly released footage consists entirely of documentaries and interviews---I will most likely pass on this one. I enjoy seeing the behind the scenes documentaries, but not at this price tag.
Cheers,
matt

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Matt Lucas said:
So, maybe I'm reading it wrong, but have ALL of the details of this set been announced?
It looks like they'll be announcing the specifics as we get closer to the release. Since it's Harry Potter, maybe they'll make some announcements around or during Comic Con in July.

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks! So, any news from Comicon?
Also, does WB plan to release Ultimate versions of the final two films?
Regards,
Matt

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Bill Hunt of The Digital Bits reported a few months ago that he confirmed with WB that the Ultimate editions of the 2 Deathly Hallows films are coming at some point.

No news from Comicon yet - it opens Wednesday night and goes through next Sunday. So we should know what there is to know by this time next week. I would think WB would want to get the DH Ultimates out for the holidays, so an announcement should be forthcoming.

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all---
I'm not sure that this thread is the appropriate place to mention it, but since we were already discussing it...
This week, Target is carrying an exclusive version of the HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PARTS 1 & 2 Ultimate Edition. I've seen it at two different Target stores in my area [southeast of Houston], and one store had a single copy while the other had two copies. As is noted in the title, the set is a comprehensive YEAR 7 box, including parts one and two. There's a little bit of information here:
http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/6043
The set sells for $49.99. As is customary for these ultimate sets, the box includes the films on BR, DVD, and UV digital copy as well as a number of special features, parts 7 and 8 of the Creating the World of Harry Potter documentary on BR, a book, character cards, and more.
Regards,
matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks