What's new

Harmon Kardon AVR 8000 $1599 (1 Viewer)

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
From the product description: "This item is covered by Costco's guarantee to refund your purchase price if you are not completely satisfied. Costco's guarantee applies, even though this item may not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty, because Costco is not an "authorized" dealer of the merchandise."
Costco has a curious and potentially valuable--yet dangerously vague and unclear--policy backing up their merchandise. They offer a generalized promise of satisfaction, but if you ask for a copy of the policy at the store you are met with an insulted, put-off response. I have yet to get somebody at Costco to tell me what their actual policy is, word for word, without a lot of hemming and hawing.
What I have been told is that if you have a problem with your purchase--regardless of the time elapsed since the date of purchase--they'll "make it right." But they "encourage" you to make your return within 30 days and have a receipt. That's what the sign on the wall states, anyway--sort of. What I gather is that the policy is pretty much subject to the interpretation of the person behind the counter. Frankly, the more they explain it, the less clear the policy becomes. Does anybody know--with 100% certainty--what their return/refund policy is?
:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks