What's new

Harmon Kardon AV-145 audio problems (1 Viewer)

lbk

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob
I'm new to the forum. I was hoping someone could help me troubleshoot my audio problems.

I just bought a new HK AV-145. My subwoofer keeps cutting out but only through my cable box. I don't know why. If I toggle the volume, it will kick in, but then it cuts out again a short time later.

The problem does not lie in the subwoofer (I believe) because I have no problems when playing audio through my dvd player.

Originally, I had both the digital audio cable and the composite audio running from my cable box to my receiver. The cut out problem was really bad. Then I removed the digital audio and just ran the composite cable and things were better, but the problem still persisted. What could be causing this? Is it a weak audio signal from the cable box that doesn't doesn't provide the adequate bass frequency? Has anyone ever encountered a problem like this?

Thanks.

marcIs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
marc turcotte
Have you tried the cable on a nother componet? highly unlike but maybe I'ts a faulty cable and you could be getting brake up, maybe through connection or RF interferences. Sometimes this boxes just do not out put through the coax very well. Call your supplier and see if there are any problems with your cable box. I have seen this problem in the past. Don't know if this is a help for you, but maybe a start.

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
My guess would be a faulty cable box or faulty cables and not the fault of your H/K AVR. Try other cables first, if problem persists, ask your cable company for a new box.

lbk

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob
Thanks for the input - I guess that i'm slowly coming to the conclusion that its the cable carrier. I have two boxes - 1 is a Scitentific Atlanta and the other is a Pioneer. Both of them work very well when hooked up to my sony sound system, and they both have the same problem when I hook up to my HK. All the calbes are new, and I've swithed the cables back and forth between the two systems - I know the cables are all good.

I really don't know what to do now - I know that when I talk to the cable company, they will say - hmmm - never heard of that problem before - it must be the receiver.

Is it possible that the cable carrier just doesn't have an adequate signal for the HK?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks