What's new

Harman/Kardon AVR 55 receiver - Please help (1 Viewer)

nan921

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick
I recently was given a Harman/Kardon AVR 55 receiver from a friend and need help setting it up. I am not very knowledge with this stuff so I will do my best to explain my problem. For some reason the ONLY way I can hear any sound is if I connect my speakers to the "Front Channel Main In Amp Inputs" using RCA cables. I have tried with and without this jumper pins connected to the "Front pre out" jacks, which the user manual recommends. I have also tried using my ipod and headphones, but again the ONLY way I can hear any sound is if I hook my ipod to the "Front Channel Main In Amp Inputs" using RCA cables. I would use the setup this way but when they are plugged into the "Front Channel Main In Amp Inputs" the volume cannot be adjusted at all. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your time.

Nick

nan921

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick
David,
Thanks for taking interest in my issue. I am trying to connect them to Bose Acoustimass 10 speakers. However I have also tried an old set of Sony speakers as well as just using headphones and nothing works. I also tried the Bose speakers on a different receiver and they work just fine. I am just having issues with getting the Harman/Kardon receiver to play any sound at all. The only way I can hear anything is if I connect the RCA cables directly to the "Front Channel Main In Amp Inputs" which I know is wrong. Plus when it is connected that way I cannot control the volume coming through the speakers at all. I can't even get any sound using the radio so I am guessing its a setting on the receiver I have screwed up. The only thing I could come up with was the tape monitor was on but I confirmed it is off. Any other ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks