What's new

Happy 2014! (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I think this is the first time I've worked on New Years Eve since high school; but only half day. I've got chili going in the crockpot; next up is eggnog. Friends over for dinner and games. Two years ago, I was changing jobs and living in a hotel. Last year, we were moving into a new home. This year, we're enjoying a normal and stable New Years Eve, with some new friends, welcoming in 2014. How about you?

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I had a great Christmas, also with new friends.

New Years Eve will be spent alone with my dog and cat, peace and quiet, watching "The Walking Dead" marathon. Sounds pathetic, but sometimes we all need some "alone" time", I'm looking forward to it.

Plenty of parties, but I just need a little quiet time.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Took this year off and watched Seacrest for 20 mins or so. Billy Joel was cool I guess, and I wish Macklemore all the success in the world, but those shows mostly make me hate mankind. =)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
A nice evening. "Games" became one long game, and much too much good food! Watched the last few minutes of ABC ball drop and cheered in the new year. Friends left, and I watched a 30 Rock rerun to unwind.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sam Posten said:
Took this year off and watched Seacrest for 20 mins or so. Billy Joel was cool I guess, and I wish Macklemore all the success in the world, but those shows mostly make me hate mankind. =)
Board games and family at the Frezon home tonight.

I, too, watched me some of the Clark/Seacrest show tonight. I was in full-blown "old man" mode. Not only didn't I know most of the performers...but has it really gotten to the point where now the male country performers (Florida Georgia Line) are also grabbing their crotches every few seconds???
speechless-smiley-034.gif

:biggrin:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
HNYWe stayed home. People drivîng around orlando are crazy enough no need to be out there tonight.Watched a little of all the tv shows but mostly CNN with cooper and Griffen.They were on mostly by themselves and were very understated and a little silly while the other shows were mostly bombast, loud and obnoxious.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Happy New Year! May all your movie viewing experiences in 2014 be devoid of excessive DNR, in the right aspect ratio with proper color timing and on a calibrated display.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Last weekend our new - now 1-year old - granddaughter Benthe stayed at our home, together with our daughter and son-in-law. My son, as well as my sister and brother visited us on Saturday (mainly to see Benthe's progress in life).

Hardly necessary to tell how sweet (and cute, and clever, and ..oh, stop it old fool) Benthe is now.

New Year's Eve was quiet for us and very relaxed. We stayed up until 2:00. A very prosperous 2014 to all of you!

Cees

CL8_0468_DxOc800.jpg

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Mike Frezon said:
Board games and family at the Frezon home tonight.

I, too, watched me some of the Clark/Seacrest show tonight. I was in full-blown "old man" mode. Not only didn't I know most of the performers...but has it really gotten to the point where now the male country performers (Florida Georgia Line) are also grabbing their crotches every few seconds???
speechless-smiley-034.gif

:biggrin:
I've felt that way the past several years when we turn on ABC to watch the ball drop. I have never heard of most of the people -- although I did recognize Deborah Harry last night. :)

The music concert TV station Palladia was showing an Eric Clapton Crossroads Guitar Festival marathon of all four concerts, so we had that on in the background while we ate and played games. I have the 2004 and 2013 concerts, but had not seen the other two. The '07 concert was so good that I ordered it this morning.

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
Happy New Years to you all too! My wife and I went over my Uncle's house for a new years party and then a bunch of us came back to my place to finish the evening playing some games. It was pretty fun. Just wish my wife didn't have to go to work at 7 am today, it put her in a sour mode after midnight and I'd imagine she'll still be that way when she gets home at 2 today.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Happy New Year! Spent a low-key 31st at home, sipping a nice single-malt scotch and watching Life of Pi with my wife and mom who's visiting from Vermont. Yesterday, (the 1st) marked the 10th anniversary of my wife and my first date. We enjoyed a nice Thai dinner at the same restaurant and came home almost uncomfortably full.

Here's hoping 2014 is a good one for everyone!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hope the new year finds everyone here happy and prosperous. I normally don't celebrate it myself. I always find the new year is pretty well the same as the old one.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
We stayed at home as we do most years. Since I had to get up at 3AM the morning of the 31st, I was asleep well before midnight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks