What's new

HALLOWEEN II & III ARE COMING TO BLU (There Is, However, Bad News) (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'll probably buy this just for "Terror In The Aisles". a childhood fave of mine, be nice to revisit and dump my worn out VHS taped off superchannel back in the 80's.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Russell G

I'll probably buy this just for "Terror In The Aisles". a childhood fave of mine, be nice to revisit and dump my worn out VHS taped off superchannel back in the 80's.
Yep, my VHS copy of TERROR IN THE AISLES had bitten the dust six years ago. Can't wait to see it again and hope it is not played with and all excerpts are there.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Just in case anyone else here didn't know, a CD soundtrack of Terror in the Aisles is available to buy. I recommend it. And with the documentary/film being included on the Halloween II Blu-ray disc, it's a bonus the soundtrack.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Anyone here got their copy of Halloween II (1981)? Has anything been altered with the title sequence and end credits?

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
Just saw this and it is FANTASTIC. Pleasantly surprised by the A/V quality. Shame about no lossless audio, but this was just a joy to watch after all these years...

And the Terror In The Aisles docu is in HD! It was something watching all those film clips (including those not yet on Blu-ray) in 1080p, even if they were a little worse for wear. What a treat! Makes for a great double feature (maybe watch first as an aperitif).

There's also an alternate ending and deleted scenes, albeit in 4:3. Forgot if they were in 1080p or not...

Yes, the title card in the beginning which usually says, "Moustapha Akkad Presents" is now "Universal An MCA Company Presents." There is a LOT of controversy about this, but here are my $.02...

"An MCA Company" to me seems like this title card change occurred during the early 80s and was already on the film element used for the transfer. I don't believe it was a malicious move by Universal Home Video when producing the HD master for the Blu-ray to remove and replace the card. If so, then why not put "A GE Company"? As to why it was done in the first place - perhaps this film element was to be used in certain territories where the agreement was to have the MCA credit...?

Looks like we may have a collector's edition in our hands if a new pressing is done...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
WaveCrest said:
Anyone here got their copy of Halloween II (1981)? Has anything been altered with the title sequence and end credits?
The conversation migrated to this thread: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/312696/ushe-announcement-halloween-ii-30th-anniversary-blu-ray

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by TravisR

The conversation migrated to this thread:

Have checked the start date of the thread you've linked to, and that was started on 1st July, whereas this thread was started on 21st May. Maybe the two threads can be merged?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Felix Martinez

Just saw this and it is FANTASTIC. Pleasantly surprised by the A/V quality. Shame about no lossless audio, but this was just a joy to watch after all these years...

And the Terror In The Aisles docu is in HD! It was something watching all those film clips (including those not yet on Blu-ray) in 1080p, even if they were a little worse for wear. What a treat! Makes for a great double feature (maybe watch first as an aperitif).

There's also an alternate ending and deleted scenes, albeit in 4:3. Forgot if they were in 1080p or not...

Yes, the title card in the beginning which usually says, "Moustapha Akkad Presents" is now "Universal An MCA Company Presents." There is a LOT of controversy about this, but here are my $.02...

"An MCA Company" to me seems like this title card change occurred during the early 80s and was already on the film element used for the transfer. I don't believe it was a malicious move by Universal Home Video when producing the HD master for the Blu-ray to remove and replace the card. If so, then why not put "A GE Company"? As to why it was done in the first place - perhaps this film element was to be used in certain territories where the agreement was to have the MCA credit...?

Looks like we may have a collector's edition in our hands if a new pressing is done...

The picture/print quality is an improvement then on the Region 1 DVD released in 2005 by Universal? Great stuff about Terror in the Aisles also being in HD. Good to see that the alternate ending is there. Intrigued by the deleted scenes.

Thanks for answering my question.

No worries. The credit is being restored to the disc. Akkad's son and fans raised heck and Universal has apologized and prom ised a fix.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
eric scott richard said:
No worries. The credit is being restored to the disc. Akkad's son and fans raised heck and Universal has apologized and prom ised a fix.
Got link?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by eric scott richard

[url=http://www.facebook.com/#!/BoycottUniversalHalloweenII]http://www.facebook.com/#!/BoycottUniversalHalloweenII

Thanks for the link. This was a pretty interesting read and good to see so many people vocal on it, but it is still not an official Universal statement and if they do make the change, it would not be until a new pressing, which probably will not happen, since you can't find the title anywhere except on the Internet (No wonder people quite going to Best Buy). But I bet they don't take his name off of HALLOWEEN III - SEASON OF THE WITCH.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks