What's new

Had my first Krispy Kreme today! (1 Viewer)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
I'm sorry, I just can't stand Krispy Kreme.
I'd rather have Dunkin' Donuts.
Am I the only normal person I know?

Jin E

Second Unit
You know, I love donuts as much as the next guy, but how much better than a regular donut can they possibly be?
Living in the south I guess I'm used to having KK's everywhere. While Dunkin does have a better selection of different types of doughnuts... with plain glazed doughnuts KK has them ALL beat. Until you have tried one of their O's right out of the boiling vat of fat... reserve your judgement. There is NOTHING on earth like a KK doughnut piping hot right out of the hot gou. I'm not a big sweets junkie or doughnuts lover... but I think they must put something in those O's to make them so addictive.
------------------
-Jin
My Theater

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Yep.
biggrin.gif

patriot.gif

------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
I'm sorry, I just can't stand Krispy Kreme.
I'd rather have Dunkin' Donuts.
Nah, my wife can't stand them either. She thinks they're too sweet. I really like them, but I also like Dunkin Donuts too.
------------------
Scott

Larry Schneider

Second Unit
The best thing about them is that they are cooked at a very high temperature which kills the calories. You can eat all you want and never get fat.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
quote: The best thing about them is that they are cooked at a very high temperature which kills the calories. You can eat all you want and never get fat. [/quote]
HAHAHAHAHA!!! :)
I tried a KK donut last year when I was on vacation in Vegas.
To be honest, I wasn't impressed. Tasted like a regular donut with icing sugar on it.
Then I heard how they were made, and I wanted to vomit.
I remember once I went to a place in Niagara Falls Canada when you can watch people making fudge. They put all the ingredients out on a table behind a glass partition, and cook away.
What I remember the most vividly though is the "cook" pouring the condensed milk into a piping hot ion pot, dumping in two bags of sugar, and then casually unwrapping two HUGE BRICKS of butter and throwing them into the mix.
The sight of those two congealed mounds of fat dissolving into the concoction was too much for me. I had to leave the room because I thought I was going to be sick.
For me, it's not so much how it tastes but how they get it to taste that way. I guess it's a psychological thing.
Moe.
[Edited last by Moe Maishlish on November 02, 2001 at 11:41 PM]

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Best Homer voice: mmmmmmmmm congealed mounds of dissolving fat :)
I remember going to the Krispy Kreme in Alexandria Virginia when I was about 7 or 8 years old. (about 24 years ago)Damn fine donut then. I've tried many others during those years but the Krispy Kreme glazed squeaks them all out.
* - My eyes...the goggles do nothing!
[Edited last by Shawn Shultzaberger on November 03, 2001 at 03:05 PM]

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I keep hearing about people in the West waiting in line for Krispy Kreme doughnuts when new stores open... I've been enjoying Krispy Kreme doughnuts all my life here in the South.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I'm not a sweet tooth but Tim Hortons every couple of months is sure damn good. It would be interesting to see US franchises come up here or Timmy's go down there... Love those Timbits!!
------------------
McPaul.
ICQ McPaul 121412168
[email protected]
"Would you like an extra large McPaul to go with that shake?"
McPaul is Canadian.

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
I had some KK's when I was down in Califronia.
Trust me: Krispy Kreme will destroy Tim Hortons and Robins Donuts.
They should be afraid - VERY AFRAID...

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Hell, I grew up with Krispy Kreme outlets nearby (and I won't tell anyone where that was). I remember being able to get a fresh batch at a certain hour. I don't like donuts as a rule (fat-fried bread with sugar--ugh). But I sure as hell like a Krispy Kreme.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
The Pittsburgh area finally has been graced (or cursed) with a Krispy Kreme. I sampled one of their donuts and it didn't seem to be much better than Dunkin' Donuts. It could be that my expectations were incredibly high, but I still wasn't that impressed.
------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace
AIM: Aureus91 / DVDs / ICQ: 58566493

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
And let me add that the Krispy Kreme donuts I consumed had no holes. I was disappointed. My favorite thing to do is stick my tongue in that hole and eat it.
blush.gif

------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace
AIM: Aureus91 / DVDs / ICQ: 58566493

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Michael K,
Are you referring to the Krispy Kreme on Harlem Ave (near Archer)? I used to live right over there, and my grandmother still does. Every time I go back to visit, there isn't a day that goes by that I dont hit the KK at least once a day.
Its really a shame that here in Boston, there is a Dunkin Donuts on every corner (I have 3 of them within walking distance, one of them is only about 50 yards away). I'd kill for a KK here in Boston...

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Steve, the Harlem Ave. store was the first to open here. While I've never been to that store, I work with people that did and they had to wait 30 minutes when KK first opened. I only live about five miles from the Midlothian shop now and the lines there were also crazy when it opened about a year ago. Let me tell you, on the days that I bring a couple dozen KK donuts into work, I'm treated like a celebrity.
laugh.gif

patriot.gif

------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
In Knoxville, there is (was?) one Kingston Avenue. I travelled that way every day to see my girlfriend while in college. The aroma is the trick. It's what pulls you in. I'd show up frequently with a box (minus one) of donuts at her apartment.
biggrin.gif

------------------
B00005LC4P.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
6305499128.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
0792846427.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
6305165912.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
B00003CXRM.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

My Top 10 Movies of 2000 of 2001
Fox: Please release P.C.U. on DVD!
[Edited last by John Thomas on November 04, 2001 at 03:32 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks