What's new

*Hack* *Cough* *Wheeze* Finally made it to 1000 posts. (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
It seems like yesterday a friend of mine introduced me to one of the greatest websites I've ever been to.
If anything, I want to take this time to congratulate the Home Theater Forum and its members for giving me a wonderful time.
And to cite specifics
- For learning about the likes of Carl Dreyer (The Passion of Joan of Arc) and Ingmar Bergman (The Seventh Seal)
- For finding out about DVD releases such as the Godfather Trilogy and helping with my DVD purchases
- For being able to participate in the Criterion Collection chat
- Polls
- For the encouragement in buying Akira Kurosawa DVD's
- For giving me incentive to watch ALL the movies in the AFI Top 100
- And most importantly, for putting the largest hole in my wallet with all those great DVD recommendations. :D
To Seth Paxton
- If anything, I've grown to come and respect your opinions about film. Keep 'em coming
To Matt Chmiel
- Looking foward to The Queue. And further updates on the Rini Bell appreciation webpage (which unfortunately, I have no clue what the web link is). And to the only 16 year old I know that still references "Saved by the Bell".
To george kaplan
- I'd never imagined I'd ever see a Billy Wilder movie in my life. I've seen three, enjoy them, and I want more.
To Rain
- Get two round-trip plane tickets. Stop reading this right now. GET OFF THE COMPUTER. GET OUT OF YOUR HOME. GET ON THAT PLANE AND HEAD TO MEXICO!!!
To Jack Briggs
- While you and I are still alive, you may still be able to make a believer out of me. And on two counts.....
To NickSo
- Don't mind the naysayers. Mena Suvari gets a big :emoji_thumbsup: from me. And kick that fanboy's a$$ :D
To Morgan Jolley
- Keep it up in the Gaming Threads
To John Williamson
- To John, for pointing out the error in my ways for voting Sarah Michelle Gellar over Katherine HOTgl
To Scott Weinberg
- So, where's Legend? Just kidding ;) This is probably my fondest memory of you. Keep up the insightful comments about movies.
To SteveGon
- The Third Man is one of my favorite films now, and I owe much of its elevation in the ranks thanks to you. And yes, Emmanuelle Beart is one hottie.
To Edwin Pereya
- I still have this tendency to pronounce your name as pariah, although you are the farthest thing from a paraih. :) Like Seth, you're one of the first film critics I've come to trust their opinion on.
To Rob Lutter
- Thanks for recommending DeepDiscountDVD
I'm sorry if I forget to mention anymore important names, but my thanks to you as well.
And now, if you'll excuse me, I got to go to bed.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
YAY DOME! CONGRATS MAN!
Yay! I got mentioned! :D
And also, Saved by the Bell was cool, but refrencing it today is just sad.. :p)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I didn't get mentioned *sniff*. :D
Like I'm in the software/movies area that much. Anyways congrats! I figure I'll be joining the -1000- club in about 8 months.

Ike

Screenwriter
'grats on the big 1000. Might I suggest you wielding your new found status to humilate a newbie? (Insert Obligatory "Just Kidding" Smilie)

Julie K

Screenwriter
Congrats!
I like to think of my recent crossing of 1000 as a milestone towards an ever increasing problem with computer-induced tendonitis. Hope yours is better :)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Get two round-trip plane tickets. Stop reading this right now. GET OFF THE COMPUTER. GET OUT OF YOUR HOME. GET ON THAT PLANE AND HEAD TO MEXICO!!!
:laugh: Dude, if I thought that would actually accomplish anything, believe me when I tell you I would have done it long ago. Thanks for caring, though. :)
Anyway, a big congratulations to you on your 1000th post. Make sure to keep them coming and, of course, continue voting in all my tourneys. :D
Cheers
smiley_beertoast.gif

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I thought I'd use my 1000th post to congradulate you (which I didn't really do previously). You did it a lot quicker than I did.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Congrats! If you've got any more money left, I have lots of other movie recommendations! :D

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Another post I found while slumming in AH.
Hey, 1000 posts of good stuff Dome. I'm all for more of that. :) At least I don't recall seeing any "word association" padding to that 1K. ;)
Of course 750 more since then...maybe you are a word association whore. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks