What's new

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
After losing members of his squad in a truck bomb explosion, Army Sergeant John Kinley (Jake Gyllenhaal) replaces his Afghan interpreter with Ahmed (Dar Salim). Ahmed is quiet but effective, he knows the country’s secrets and has a few of his own.  Ahmed repeatedly keeps the squad out of trouble, discovering another ambush before it can go off, but when they hit jackpot by discovering an arms and IED cache the blowback is immense and intense.  As Taliban fighters surround and destroy the squad only Ahmed and Kinley survive, essentially by falling down a mountain. Ahmed saves the wounded Kinley one more time, dragging him 30 miles through harsh desert conditions. Kinley is sent home while Ahmed goes into hiding, his reputation has placed him on the Taliban’s most wanted list.  Kinley fights his survivors guilt the only way he can: first by trying to motivate politics and beaureucrats to get Ahmed and his family safe passage to America, and finally by returning to Afghanistan to...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I am a somewhat enthusiastic Guy Ritchie fan, so this has been on my radar for awhile. I don't purchase a lot these days, but I think this will make the cut.

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks