What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Grimm - Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Juliette strongest there is! Hehh that was awesome. I can't wait to see round two.

Funny stuff right before that with the Super Soaker-esque weaponry and the explodo man. And Nick adding that to his arsenal/trophy case. I think that's the first time I've thought of Nick adding to the Grimm knowledge base.

Maybe it wasn't -esque. This looks pretty close:

super_soaker_cps2500.jpg

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The boxing plotline in this past Wednesday's episode of Grimm, "The Last Fight", I didn't much care for. Nearly everything else was better, including the scene where Nick had his eyes looked at. This coming Wednesday's new episode sounds much better (a Golem and clay monster).

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Scott-S said:
Can't Nick just do to Juliette what he did to Adalind? That seemed to "cure" her so it should also work on Juliette.
I think they'd at least research that possible solution.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
except it might also de-Grimm Nick in the process, too.
NeilO said:
I think they'd at least research that possible solution.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Well, at least they explained why Nick can't cure Juliette the same way he did Adalind.

Interesting twist at the end with Adalind. Her "Noooooooooooooooooooo!" was priceless.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Greg_S_H said:
I'd have no way to hear that, but I really liked the music when the rabbi was summoning the golem. It reminded me of the music cue often played on Star Trek to denote an exotic alien culture.

On the whole I liked the golem/clay monster episode. That storyline though could have been fleshed out. The following episode "Cry Luison" I really liked, loved that episode. The resolution of the detectives' case was unoriginal, however that didn't spoil one of the best episodes so far this season (loved how they shot the teaser with the woman being driven mad by the talking wolf).

"Highway of Tears", like the previous episode, could have been fleshed out more with the detectives' case. However, the bit towards the end was worth the price of admission.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Greg_S_H said:
It looks like we've seen the last of Trubel, at least for now. Or, maybe they'll have a third parallel storyline for a little while. I think this show is kind of successful for NBC, but I doubt if it could support a spinoff. :)

Lot of funny stuff in this one, like the reason fruitcake was invented. The main little goblin kid looked like Ben Stiller. :eek:

"How the Grimm Stole Christmas" is an episode I'll watch again before the DVD/Blu-ray release, as I didn't enjoy the episode as much as I thought I would. And I'm not sure if I enjoyed it as much as the last Christmas episode Grimm did. Did like the history of fruitcake scene though, the choice of music in some scenes, and Nick's confrontation on the porch with one of the creatures.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The episode "Chupacabra" was on the whole excellent, really liked this episode, how it was constructed. It was only the resolution of the Chupacabra storyline which was slightly disappointing. One part of the episode, in the second half hour, reminded me of the original Halloween II with the hunt for the creature. Am also liking the direction the Wu storyline is going in. Is it predictable? Possibly, and maybe I'm biased (being a fan of the show), but it's an interesting direction they're taking Wu's storyline in (the same with Juliette's storyline).

The two-parter "Wesenrein" and "Tribunal" was very good. Loved the second half of "Tribunal" and how the main characters came together to help Monroe against the Wesenrein. Two-parters can be disappointing, with the second part coming off weaker. But the second part resolved things very well.

Next Wednesday's new episode is "Death Do Us Part".

The UK Blu-ray release of Grimm's fourth season has a release date of Monday 19th October (source: Amazon UK, and title and release date is subject to change). It should be a region free set like with the first three seasons.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Annoyed with how Juliette is acting. Now, we see that in the next episode she is making out with Renard.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Am hoping Renard's mother (played by Louise Lombard) returns before the end of the season, along with Trubel. Have also liked Renard's new house in the last few episodes, the hillside house/apartment (nice view of Portland). A scene I liked in a recent episode was when Wu saw the creature he encountered in the third season of Grimm, in the glass mirror behind the bar.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I just hope the resolution of this season includes the death of Adalind, and we can get rid of Claire Coffee once and for all. She's an awful actress. She must be blackmailing someone to have stayed on the show this long. This convoluted and never-ending Adalind plot is killing the show. Ratings have been at an all-time low for the past two weeks.

Kenneth has added some new energy. He seems to be a man of action rather than just talk and "diplomacy" favored by Viktor. It's time to jettison the Adalind character and let Kenneth become the new thorn in the side of the Grimm & Company.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think the show benefits from having more than one Grimm. Ever since Trubel left, the show's energy has regressed to me.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Dheiner said:
Trubels' blood?

Robert Crawford said:
I think the show benefits from having more than one Grimm. Ever since Trubel left, the show's energy has regressed to me.

I agree that Trubel's blood is likely the "way out" for Juliette. Seems odd that it hasn't occurred to anyone else on the show. If the blood of any Grimm other than Nick might do, that would also include his Mother if she returns at some point with the baby.

Reactions by both Juliette and Nick seem to be kind of extreme in this situation. Both are fully aware of the situation, so the fact that they're so disturbed by the other is kind of odd. I'd think they'd be more supportive if they truly love each other and know what the other has gone through in the past few months.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Was this episode pretty dark? I adjusted my settings the other day and things were looking okay until Grimm looked really dark.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
This past Wednesday's new Grimm episode "Trial by Fire" was consistently much better than the past two episodes, despite the dodgy fire-CGI at times. Loved the bit with the super soakers, including when Nick added the super soaker to the cabinet in the caravan. And the Juliette and Adalind fight was worth the wait. I thought this episode would be good, based on the comments earlier in this thread. This was the last new episode shown on NBC for a few weeks. The next episode "Bad Luck" is on next Wednesday, the one with the twist on the rabbit's foot.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Cannot believe they destroyed the camper. It was always a cool place for them to do their research. Think of all of that historic documents lost. I assumed Nick will have to rely on Monroe and Rosalie for Wesen info.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GAMark
Recent bookmarks