What's new

Green Jelly Review (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
[SIZE= 13px]Green Jelly[/SIZE][SIZE= 13px] is yet another physics-based game along the lines of [/SIZE][SIZE= 13px]Angry Birds[/SIZE][SIZE= 13px], but not exactly. There are no Bad Piggies to kill, no towers to destroy. But there is candy to swallow.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 19px]Green Jelly[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]Publisher[/SIZE][SIZE= 13px]: G5 Games[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]Developer[/SIZE][SIZE= 13px]: MaxNick[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]Release Date[/SIZE][SIZE= 13px]: February 14, 2013[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]Price[/SIZE][SIZE= 13px]: Free to try, $1.99 to unlock additional levels[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]Available for Android and iOS devices[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]Physics games are a dime a dozen. Just look at the numerous versions of [/SIZE][SIZE= 13px]Angry Birds[/SIZE][SIZE= 13px] (and the many imitations). They are fairly simple to play, although the puzzles themselves can be challenging. [/SIZE][SIZE= 13px]Green Jelly[/SIZE][SIZE= 13px] is one of the latest games in this genre from publisher G5 Games, providing a much more family-friendly approach.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]The object is to move, aim, and fling Green Jelly around the screen from peg to peg, swallowing three pieces of candy while avoiding obstacles and trying to stay on the screen at the same time. The first few levels are quite easy, as there are literally no obstacles to avoid. Simply drag to the next peg, or drag, aim, and release to fling Jelly to a peg that is out of reach. Once all the candies are collected, simply fling Jelly into his house. Later levels include obstacles such as clocks, jolts of electricity, and saw blades that will shred Jelly if he comes into contact with them. Some of the levels are near impossible to solve.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]The animation is average and very two dimensional, as are the sound effects. The music is annoyingly repetitive, and can be turned off in the options menu (as well as the sound effects). I did encounter some issues where I was unable to grab Jelly with my finger, or worse, the responsiveness of the game would become so incredibly slow that it was nearly impossible to play. However, this may be somewhat attributed to my phone, a Samsung Galaxy Vibrant, which has a single-core processor and only 512MB of system RAM. Rebooting the device typically resolved these issues.[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]Green Jelly[/SIZE][SIZE= 13px] is a nice, inexpensive diversion game, perfect for playing during a lunch break.[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]Score: 3 out of 5[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks