Green Jelly Review

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Todd Erwin, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin Cinematographer
    Reviewer

Todd Erwin
    Green Jelly is yet another physics-based game along the lines of Angry Birds, but not exactly. There are no Bad Piggies to kill, no towers to destroy. But there is candy to swallow.
    [​IMG]
    Green Jelly
    Publisher: G5 Games
    Developer: MaxNick
    Release Date: February 14, 2013
    Price: Free to try, $1.99 to unlock additional levels
    Available for Android and iOS devices
    Physics games are a dime a dozen. Just look at the numerous versions of Angry Birds (and the many imitations). They are fairly simple to play, although the puzzles themselves can be challenging. Green Jelly is one of the latest games in this genre from publisher G5 Games, providing a much more family-friendly approach.
    [​IMG]
    The object is to move, aim, and fling Green Jelly around the screen from peg to peg, swallowing three pieces of candy while avoiding obstacles and trying to stay on the screen at the same time. The first few levels are quite easy, as there are literally no obstacles to avoid. Simply drag to the next peg, or drag, aim, and release to fling Jelly to a peg that is out of reach. Once all the candies are collected, simply fling Jelly into his house. Later levels include obstacles such as clocks, jolts of electricity, and saw blades that will shred Jelly if he comes into contact with them. Some of the levels are near impossible to solve.
    [​IMG]
    The animation is average and very two dimensional, as are the sound effects. The music is annoyingly repetitive, and can be turned off in the options menu (as well as the sound effects). I did encounter some issues where I was unable to grab Jelly with my finger, or worse, the responsiveness of the game would become so incredibly slow that it was nearly impossible to play. However, this may be somewhat attributed to my phone, a Samsung Galaxy Vibrant, which has a single-core processor and only 512MB of system RAM. Rebooting the device typically resolved these issues.
    Green Jelly is a nice, inexpensive diversion game, perfect for playing during a lunch break.
    Score: 3 out of 5

2. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Looks like a neat cross between Angry Birds and Cut The Rope!

3. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    App reviews! I'm looking forward to more.

TonyD likes this.