What's new

Grand Prix - Short Review (1 Viewer)

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor

I don't think there are very more scrutinizing and judicious members on this forum than TedD.

I echo his praise for this DVD. It's a wonder to behold.

I was only a little, little kid when I saw this with my dad in "Cinerama" (sic) but this DVD re-creates the wonderment of my childhood euphoria, with its gorgeous transfer, amazing sonics, and excellent supplements...and the price makes it, as they say "such a deal!"

ErichH

Screenwriter
Add my vote to this amazing transfer. I couldn't believe the quality of work they did on this one. Show's a lot of respect for the film and JF.

E

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Can't wait to pick this up and conpare to the laserdisc. The Monza sequence should be spectacular.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I got the disc last night. BB didn't have it. Found it at Fry's.

I took a quick look last night at the opening titles and the Monaco sequence. Looked terrific, and it sounded great. Definitely no comparison. I'll still conpare to the LD. Some of the music sounded different in the titles, could be because it's remixed.

The framing looked different from the LD. I'll do a direct comparison this weekend when I have time. I do not claim to know what the proper OAR is, and I don't know which is presented properly, but the DVD is framed differently then what I remember the LD to be. The LD looked wider and I am viewing on an HD plasma via component.

it will be great to see Garner's 1966 Shelby Mustang GT-350 and Adolfo Celi's Ferrari in this new DVD.

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
I could be wrong, but the "IN CINERAMA" screen credit looked like a larger typeface than any of the others: leading actors, director, even bigger than the title of the film itself. It did this Cinerama fan a lot of good to see that!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks