What's new

Godzilla 2014 teaser anticipation thread! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Josh Steinberg said:
Thinking I might give this a try. (I missed the '98 version when it came out and from everything I read at the time and have heard in the years since, it doesn't sound like that was the worst mistake I've ever made.)

When I saw the first (and second, for that matter) trailer for this movie, and the Ligeti music from "2001" started playing, my immediate reaction was "TOO SOON!". And then I figured that it's been 45 years since "2001" came out and probably most people in the multiplex who were watching the same trailer probably haven't even seen "2001". Part of me thought it was a really cool use of the music, really eerie, especially because I didn't realize it was the Godzilla trailer when it first started. And then there's the part of me having a little quiet rage temper tantrum sputtering "but..but..too..soon!"

I may just be overprotective of "2001" at this point :)

I didn't realize Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson were in it. Do they get contaminated with Godzilla radiation and that's how they turn into Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch for Avengers 2? :D
No. I wish they hadn't used that music. That music is too iconic. It belongs in one movie only and that movie is 2001:ASO. It certainly should not be used as music in a trailer, unless that trailer is for 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
Edwin-S said:
Also, I really have to see if I can find the Raymond Burr film in this series.
It's easily accessible on Amazon Instant Video:

http://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-King-Monsters-Raymond-Burr/dp/B003OUXNNY/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1397751334&sr=1-1&keywords=godzilla+king+of+the+monsters

Have you never seen it before? GODZILLA, KING OF THE MONSTERS is essential viewing. As is GOJIRA, the original Japanese cut. The new version can wait if you haven't seen either of the originals.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Johnny Angell said:
I declare myself officially jazzed about this movie. I hope it's good.
You and me both!!! I have been waiting for this since I saw/heard it at SDCC last year!!! Can't freaking wait!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Vic Pardo said:
It's easily accessible on Amazon Instant Video:

http://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-King-Monsters-Raymond-Burr/dp/B003OUXNNY/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1397751334&sr=1-1&keywords=godzilla+king+of+the+monsters

Have you never seen it before? GODZILLA, KING OF THE MONSTERS is essential viewing. As is GOJIRA, the original Japanese cut. The new version can wait if you haven't seen either of the originals.
Ha ha. No. I have never seen it. I've been pretty deficient when it comes to watching anything to do with Godzilla. I was never a big fan of monster movies when I was a kid. I was always more of an animation nut when I was a kid and still am. Thanks for the link. I'll either check out the movie via that or maybe just order the Criterion that DPippel mentions below. It has both of the films that you mention, so I could kill two birds with one stone.
dpippel said:
You can also buy the excellent Criterion Blu that contains both versions:

http://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-Criterion-Collection-Blu-ray-Takashi/dp/B005VU9LKE/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1397769252&sr=1-1&keywords=godzilla+criterion

An essential part of any film lover's library IMO.
Thanks for the link. If I can't find it locally, I'll order through Amazon. I just have to see if there are any other flicks I would like to get at the same time.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Edwin-S said:
No. I wish they hadn't used that music. That music is too iconic. It belongs in one movie only and that movie is 2001:ASO. It certainly should not be used as music in a trailer, unless that trailer is for 2001: A Space Odyssey.
I'll admit, I didn't recognize the music from 2001. But I haven't seen it in 25 years. If you're near an Alamo, they're playing the original Godzilla in May.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Radioman970 said:
2 posts. and one is a weak warning to us. that's generous. :P

Seriously, how'd you see it already and why didn't you like it and what is your Top 5 favorite movies? ;)
He's a member since 2005 and he's got two posts? I think he's yanking our collective chain. "Don't feed the troll dear, and he'll go away." :lol:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
stock-vector-green-fat-troll-with-smiley-white-avatar-81990055.jpg

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I'm in for this even if the early reviews say it sucks! :)

I'm betting that opening night showings are going to be a sellout in most theaters!

Mark

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Mark Booth said:
I'm betting that opening night showings are going to be a sellout in most theaters!
The big IMAX here in NYC seems to have sold more tickets for opening night so far than they've done for the Spider-Man 2 opening night, which is sooner.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, it looks like they have managed to make him look more like the classic G and not an oversized T-Rex, like in the '98 film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks