What's new

Gilmore Girls 11/26/02 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
How naive can Lorelai be? To expect Rory to apply to only one college, and that being Harvard? Sometimes, Lorelai's grasp of reality perplexes me because she's pretty much in tune with pop culture and current events, but to really think that Rory is the most special of applicants to Harvard on the basis of being her daughter is downright insulting to the character.

But the episode did have some good warm funny stuff.

Kirk and Kitty Kirk antics were hilarious.

Luke and Lorelai really need to just get it over with and do it.

Hope Dean can be subtle about his campaign to cause Jess hell.

Lane's first "real" boy-girl kiss. The whole "placating Lane's mom" thing was pretty funny. As was Lorelai being on first name basis with all of Lane's relatives.

Jackson has got some pretty loud party-loving friends and family. That deep-fry motif was also pretty funny.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't think Dean's capable of subtle.

As to Lorelei being naive about Rory only applying to Harvard... Well, I buy it because I think that only applying to the one school is the type of thing Lorelei would do, and she does sort of have the tendency to think that Rory will act like her.

And it's not so much the applying to other schools that set her off... It's Yale. Any of the other schools Rory mentioned, and it's just "well, why didn't you tell me, sweetie?"; however, Yale has baggage.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, Lorelai certainly lives in her own little world.

Dean will totally lose any chance with Rory if he's overly overt about acting on his feelings towards Jess. (I doubt Rory would go back to Dean, anyhow, but may move away from Jess as well). Having Dean suddenly grow a spine overnight does, however, gives the viewer more viewing fun to see Jess as Dean's punching bag for a while before he blows his top in front of Rory.

BrianK

Auditioning
Dean just needs to get a hot new girlfriend and look like he is totally over Rory. That is the only thing that might hurt her. That it was not hard at all to get over her.

I would love to see him give her a taste of her own medicin. By the way, I love Rory, I just think she treated Dean very badly.

Danny R

Supporting Actor
My only problem with this eposide was Sookie's absolute denial over the benefits of deep frying a turkey. Deep Fried turkey is wonderful!

Of course given the attitude of the participants, I can see how she feels she's in culinary hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.