What's new

Getting the best performance out of my new setup (1 Viewer)

klouud

Auditioning
Real Name
Timothy Polumbo
Thanks To everyone on this thread for all the recommendations.

I went with the following:
1. Samsung UN65KS8000 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (Quantum Dot 2016 Model)
2. Marantz NR1607 Ultra HD 7.2 Channel Network A/V Surround Receiver
3. Definitive Technology XTR-SSA3 Ultra Slim LCR Speaker Bar (3 channel)
4. SVS SB-1000 - 12", 300 Watt DSP Controlled, Sealed Box Subwoofer

And I connected everything with: Monoprice Select Series High-Speed HDMI Cables that support 3D, 4K and Audio Return

The Sound quality is exactly what I wanted. I probably should have went with the 5 channel sound bar - but what i have is great for now. I love my setup and have all the wires run internally within the TV stand. Everything looks as clean as possible. I'm also running only 2 peripherals: Nintendo Wii and Apple TV4. Switch when it comes out. And eventually a custom media PC - probably running an intel 6700k processor and an 1080 GPU. Anywho...

I have some questions about getting the maximum performance out of my setup

1. There are wiring options
A. Current setup - All peripherals run into Marantz A/V Receiver and then video run into TV
B. Optional setup - All peripherals run into TV and then Audio piped into Marantz A/V Receiver

The question(s):
Obviously I'm not a true blue audiophile - you can tell by my setup. I care more about input lag and FPS.

1. Which wiring configuration listed above is going to give me the best video playback?
2. Do I have any bottlenecks? Not sure if my choice of HDMI cable(s) was correct for 60FPS @ 4k
3. I have everything set at default settings - should I tweak any of these?
4. Do I need to tweak video settings on both the receiver and the TV?

Sorry for any stupid questions. I'm really new to all of this. Honestly my current setup is the best setup I've ever owned... and probably the best setup of anyone that I currently know. Not that I'm bragging - there is much better stuff out there. Its just info to frame my knowledge and exposure level.

Thanks again to everyone for all the help!!

Tim

Scotthndrx

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott hendrix
I don't believe you can get the audio quality going from the TV to the receiver, even if you use fiber optic. HDMI is the better connector. And I don't see you having any video issues with your equipment going from receiver to tv via HDMI.

klouud

Auditioning
Real Name
Timothy Polumbo
I don't believe you can get the audio quality going from the TV to the receiver, even if you use fiber optic. HDMI is the better connector. And I don't see you having any video issues with your equipment going from receiver to tv via HDMI.

K thanks. I left it as is and have been ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks