What's new

Getting an I-Scan Pro, what should I expect? (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Here is what I plan to use it with:
Hughes Satellite Receiver
JVC 7600 S-VHS player
Sony KP51WS520 CRT-RPTV.

I plan to hook the Hughes receiver to the JVC and in to the I-Scan Pro and then with the patch cords out into the HD compatible Component input on the Sony. My understanding is that I-Scan will scale 480i to 480p and the Hi-Scan Modulation will scale the signal via Component to 1080i. I'm I correct on this, is anyone else doing what I plan to do. I watch a good bit of standard t.v. via stretch mode and thought the picture was ok, but I really want to improve it. Is this how the I-Scan should work.

Andre Bijelic

Stunt Coordinator
Not exactly. I have a very similar setup - an I-Scan Ultra feeding a Sony CRT set (KP-46WT510).

The set only upscales to 1080i when being fed standard 480i interlaced sources. A 480p source will be displayed as 480p. That said, all of my sources (DVD, LD, VHS) look superior via I-Scan than they do letting the TV do the deinterlacing/scaling.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Well, that's good enough for me. My understanding is the patch cord will allow you to patch from S-VHS and out through component.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks