What's new

Get a free DVD-A from Silverline... (1 Viewer)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
A sampler with 5 or 6 5.1 cuts, and a $2 coupon for Best Buy. One track was from Big Phatt Band, which I already own. One track by the Fixx, a classical track, and a couple I do not remember.

BTW, the sonics on that particular disc (Big Phatt Band) are outstanding. Have not listened to the sampler yet, so I do not know about the rest.

I was underwhelmed, but for free, I have no gripes, I guess.

BGL

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
BTW, the sonics on that particular disc (Big Phatt Band) are outstanding.
I just got mine today, is all the tracks that good on the "Big Phatt Band's" DVD-A disc? I was blown away by the aggressive DD 5.1 mix on this. Is it DD or dts on BPB disc?

This is a cool sample disc, I am at work right now so I can't list every thing that is on the disc. I had really given up on this free-bee!
Wes

DennisK

Agent
The tracks are:

"Saved by Zero" by the Fixx
"Ave Maria" by Arron Neville
"Contemplation" by Josh One
"Scene No. 10" by Tchaikovsky
"Count Bubba" by the Big Phat Band
"In the Summertime" by Mungo Jerry

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I just got mine today, is all the tracks that good on the "Big Phatt Band's" DVD-A disc? I was blown away by the aggressive DD 5.1 mix on this. Is it DD or dts on BPB disc?
Yup, its one killer disc, IMHO.

Funny thing is, I had never heard BPB before I heard a cut on a previous sampler. I too was blown away and ordered the disc long before I ever thought of getting a DVD-A player.

I am not really a big band kind of guy, but that is one of the best sounding discs I own.

The DVD-A has DVD-A (duhh), and DD for sure. Don't know if it has DTS. When I got it my rig was DD only. Now that I have DVD-A, there's no reason to listen the DD or DTS.

BGL

Yahoo, mine arrived today. Many thanks to you Justin for alerting me to this promo! I had pretty much given up hope and even unsubscribed to the newsletter. Didn't see much point accepting the spam when the disc never showed up. I'll probably use the coupon if I can but discs of interest are few and far inbetween. As much as I love the Ramones and treasure Joey's last release I don't see much need for a DVD-A version. Maybe Numan's anthology? Might be interesting to hear the 5.1 mix of the synth god.

jc

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
It may sound horrible, but it was free and it's not a song I was waiting for a high rez version!:D Just the ability to pop it in and listen to it on a hot summer evening makes it worth the "price."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks