What's new

General Stargate questions (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Duh.
Later seasons are a mere shell of what the series once was. Like "The Simpsons" and "The X-Files", I would recommend leaving about season 6, give or take.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Hopefully, the wiki info is correct and it won't air until 2009. I can be caught up by then easily. I'm watching multi episodes a night.

On that note, I can't believe the disparity in season prices. B&N has them for $49. CC has them for $39. Target has them for $19! I think that's where I'll get them.

troy evans

Screenwriter
Well, you haven't seen the last two seasons of SG1 yet, but, let's just say the DHD isn't as significant as it once was for them. Here's a one word hint: :spoiler:......................................... ............................................... ASGARD.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
plus even in the beginning they are using the computer on earth as DHD, as for portable DHD, they really haven't figured it all out even on atlantis to some degree (while on land).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I know, but it's no substitute. When the goa'uld are trying to keep a wormhole open, and they are racing to get an outgoing wormhole to prevent it, the computer just cannot beat a DHD. They manage to do so for the show's sake, but it couldn't really be done. Daniel can dial up home in about five seconds on a DHD.

I just wish someone had said, "Hey, we have this spare DHD. Why not use it before someone decides to break out the spare stargate and use it themselves?"

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This seems as good a thread as any to resurrect... This weekend we finished Stargate SG1 S10 and the two movies. Whew. Good ride; sad to see it over.

So, any new movies in the works? Or do we have to switch to Atlantis for a new Stargate fix?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Dave, there's a new series in the works for next year. A movie will happen soon and I think the series follows in the fall.

I finally got to one of my favorite scenes in the entire series last night. From Ascension:

When Jack and Teal'c show up at Sam's house for pizza and Star Wars and Teal'c admits he's watched it nine times. :laugh:

And then, the conversation on the way to the car:

Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-O.
Jack: Call Daniel

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Greg, thanks for the good news on Stargate movies.

I love the humor in the series. It's the character-based, relationship oriented jokes that helped make Star Trek TNG so much fun.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
glad u liked it!!! go with atlantis! there've been 5 seasons now with a direct to DVD movie soon.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
What is the deal with the crappy, horrible, crappy pilot title sequence being used for all of seasons four and five on disc? They didn't really air that way, did they? If they didn't, was it the unchanged title sequence from episode two through season three?

I still don't get the reason why they don't have a DHD. In the current season I'm watching, they almost destroyed a planet and lost Teal'c in two separate incidents because the computer program didn't have the safeguards of the DHD. They borrowed the Russian DHD. Last we saw, the Antarctic DHD was in Area 51. So, why not drive down there and pick it up?

Arild

Supporting Actor
It's explained in a season 6 episode that the Antarctic DHD ran out of power after it had been used a few times, indicating that it was one of the oldest in the gate network.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Symbiotes roasting on an Unas fire
Jaffa sniping at your nose
Cheyenne Mountain in full lockdown
And Teal'c dressed up in Murray's clothes

I think the sale is off, but I got S9, S10 and Atlantis S1 for $18 a piece at Target this weekend. Everyone else had them for about $36! Even if the sale is over, I've seen them that cheap at Target before. If anyone is looking for seasons, you might want to check there. Though, those were the only ones three Targets had.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

That makes sense. I wondered how they had footage from so late in the first season to make that montage. In fact, there might even be images from season two. I had them all placed when I was watching the early seasons, but I no longer remember.

The original intro is not bad in and of itself, but it's ultra-grainy and with very cheap-looking titles.

I'm at the end of season 5, so I should be seeing the new sequence very soon. I don't have any memory of what it looks like. I do feel like I've reached the end of really great Stargate, though. I don't think 6 with Quinn is horrible, and we have some good stuff like the earth's own spaceship, but I don't have good memories of 7. I hope I like it better this time.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Season 7 overall is probably my least favorite of the later years of SG-1, but it does have some really good episodes to make up for the not-so-good ones.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's three months too late, but I wanted to thank Roger for the information he provided. We posted at the exact same time, so I missed it until I started rereading the thread. :frowning:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Watched Prophecy last night (penultimate episode of season 6). It gets high marks at tv.com but I don't know.

The SGC gets punk'd by a third-rate Goa'uld lackey? And, his brilliant strategy is "let them escape and wait at the gate?" Come on. SG-1 wouldn't be lame enough to let that work. Of course, stranger things have happened in real life, but I don't want to believe my fictional heroes could be taken down by a loser like Lord Mot.

Other than that, it was pretty good, which goes for the entire season. I like Jonas Quinn.

I'm nearing the end of episodes I've already seen. One more season until it's uncharted territory. I got 9 and 10 for Christmas and have 8 coming in the mail.

Arild

Supporting Actor
What's your plan for Atlantis? Gonna watch in line with SG-1 or save it for later?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm pretty sure I'm going to follow your advice and swap them out so it'll be like the night they aired. It was SG-1 followed by Atlantis, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks