What's new

General Stargate questions (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
u can safely finish watch SG1 without having to dip into SGA like how buffy&angel crossed over. there weren't any direct influences. just know in the back of ur mind as u watch SGA that SG1 was still goings on. that's all.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Good choice. And yep.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Arild

Supporting Actor
There were a few, just not very big ones. I maintain, though, that alternating SG-1/SGA is the best way to experience it even if it isn't absolutely necessary.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I agree. I recently just rewatched all of SG1, not really thinking about Atlantis. And in many episodes of Seasons 8, 9 & 10, I'm like, well isn't such and such also supposed to be happening in Atlantis. Or they would refer to something that happened recently in Atlantis. I will probably wait a couple years then rewatch all of Stargate again, this time alternating when I hit Season 8.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
SGA is officially completed and finished. so now u can rewatch everything =P.

that is until SGU comes along ;)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
well it's in the can already :P. u&i have seen it :D

PS does any1 know when SGA's direct to DVD movie will be here? can't wait!!! and it has to be on BD now that ark of the truth and continuum are both on BD.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Well, they have to make them first. :D
I think it's still in the early writing stages, so.... not anytime soon, unfortunately.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
awww man!!!! =P. i'm guessing fall of 2009 ince they're shooting this spring according to gateworld.net or maybe spring of 2010 if the fx take too long.

in wonder if they'll get TWO direct to video like SG-1. speaking of SG-1, are they on track to do another? i just can't wait =P.

Arild

Supporting Actor

They're shooting one SG-1 and one Atlantis movie this year. Supposedly the SG-1 movie will have Jack as the central character.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm noticing his role is very reduced already in season 7. I've listened to a few commentaries, and there have been a couple of times where they have said, "We came up with this idea so he could be out of the episode early."

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

Good deal!

I think the SGA 'movie' is set to appear FIRST on Sci-Fi THEN go to DVD/BD, as opposed to the SG1 'movies'.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
:eek:
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
:emoji_thumbsup: where'd u read this? i miss the OLD SG-1 :eek:

greg, the reason is because richard wanted to spend time with his family. that's why he bowed out early. working 12-16 hrs a day 7 days a week can put a wringer on family relationships and life =P. it's tough to be a thespian on schedule.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Brad Wright said it in interviews. He didn't say anything about who else will be in it, though (aside from confirming that Vala won't be).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Thanks. They might have mentioned that, but I haven't listened to every commentary. The ones I have heard leave an incomplete picture about the situation. I wondered if maybe he was just getting bored with the show. I don't like when an actor shows his boredom, but it's understandable when you're on for eight seasons. I doubt if anyone could have envisioned a Showtime sci-fi show having that kind of longevity.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If you've seen RDA in real-life or have some kind of insight, explain something to me. In at least three commentaries now (season 7), Richard has been referred to as "big" and "imposing." What's the deal with that? According to the IMDb, he's 6'1"--a number I envy, but not incredibly tall. I think Chris is taller, and Michael is close in height. Even Amanda doesn't look so small standing next to him. Chris and Michael are pretty cut, but Richard seems maybe athletic but not bulked up. What am I missing?

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Part of it is the attitude. People with a lot of self-confidence, an outgoing personality, and a lot of moxie come across as more imposing than bigger people without those traits. RDA's got all of 'em in spades.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That makes sense in the context of the commentary I saw the other day. The director said, "I want you to play this scene bigger." RDA said, "BIGGER?!" He then made a big, hammy gesture at Daniel. The director said that as he walked off, he said, "You'll never use that!"

I'm close to the end of season 7. Two more to go. Finally, I'll be able to watch Atlantis! And, some SG-1 I've never seen. I said earlier that I didn't like S7 that much, but I think I watched the entire season when I was way too tired as I was going to bed. I can never enjoy shows that way. I've been watching it around 8 or 9 this time and have found it to be pretty strong, RDA's virtual absence notwithstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks