What's new

GAME (2 of 3): Guess An Upcoming Twilight Time Release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Guys,

Over two years ago, The Horse Soldiers was released on BD from MGM/UA through Fox. I seriously doubt TT will release it again.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Moe Dickstein said:
Just wanted to pop in and clarify.We had NO clue it would get sabotaged and guessed so easily so I was genuinely unsure if I was supposed to end the game or not so I was pretty much tap dancing until Ron made the call to end it.I congratulate the game master this round for finally making things impenetrable ;)
Agree Ted. As frustrating as this round has been, no previous game host has been able to stump this crowd* for even 1/2 day, much less 3 or 4. So good on Bruce for that. However maddeningly obtuse it's been at times, at least it's engaging...as any riddle-based game should be.

FWIW, I've asked more people at work about the career of Joe Eszterhas and refs to his movies than I would ever have imagined mere days ago... :unsure:

* as well as at least 2 other 'obliged-to-hate-everything-about-it-but-lurking-anyway' sites.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I agree. The clues have been frustrating, but that doesn't mean they haven't been fun. I think he's doing a really great job doling them out and playing fair with answers and follow-up.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
If some of lads aren't having fun, you're welcome to leave the game and take your balls with you. HAHAHahahhaHA!!

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Robert Crawford said:
Guys,

Over two years ago, The Horse Soldiers was released on BD from MGM/UA through Fox. I seriously doubt TT will release it again.
Good point. I normally cross index guesses with prior Blu releases. I didn't in this case. Thanks Robert.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Last call for questions. Don't forget about the 1 and 1 everyone. I gave yesterday a pass. Discussion of the game is fine. Within in reason. I appreciate the kind words. I really do. The point of fun is an important one. Let's see what we can do. :cool:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I just wanted to quickly pop in here after reading some of the comments....

I am sorry to hear some of you no longer find this "fun."

I was tearing out what little hair I have over the fact that, time and time again,
this game was ending within an hour (or few) after it starting.

I personally asked Bruce to run this game because he promised me that he could
make the clues very obscure and keep the game running longer.

Now maybe the clues were too obscure for some of you -- and perhaps for the
next game we will be starting shortly -- we could make the clues somewhat easier.

However, I think it serves us better to keep this game running for as long as we
can giving many users multiple opportunities to deal with clues that aren't overly
obvious.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Ken Koc said:
In The Heat of the Night
A superb choice. An Academy Award winner, a Grant in the film, something most of us want. A great guess. But no.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Has the lead actor won any academy awards or been nominated for any?

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
To make up for yesterday, I give you two.

Clue 1: The Grant of the 20th has a cameo of sorts.

Clue 2: Joe Eszterhas comes again.

Clue 3: The man who chopped the lady gets unflattering treatment.

Clue 4: A player from a New World production starts over with Cecil B’s delight. E

Clue #5: Reitman directed a remake. Sorta. A subplot is near identical.
Minus some modern touches.

Clue #6: One of Q.T.’s “victims” was considered. Casting wise.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Note: Excluding 4, every clue is its own deal and doesn’t comment on the others. This is where many of you “got lost in The Flood.” Each clue is a separate piece of trivia. Now 4 is a group of clues relating to the same thing. The letters are another trail. Those clues are a bit more vague which you discovered yesterday. I may not post them now. I haven’t decided.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
The question chosen was asked by SWIFF.
SWFF said:
Has the lead actor won any academy awards or been nominated for any?
Yes. The lead did win one. And yes, the lead was nominated. In fact, expand your question.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Some have complained on other boards over the game I'd like to say while the clues aren't easy, I don't mind. Knowing the title isn't going to change the release date for the title so what ever title it is we are just having fun until it gets released.

I am really stumped on this and really asking myself does this sound like a movie I want? lol I think once we know the title it will all make sense. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks