What's new

Fugitive comes to DVD in a 33 disc set on Nov. 1st 2011 (2 Viewers)

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
MCCLOUD said:
This has probably been answered but could someone please post how we can know we got the Fugitve Most Wanted Set that has all correct discs? Maybe post which discs to look out for. I am thinking about getting this set, but I would like to get the right one when I get it without the hassle of getting replacement discs. Where is the best place to buy this set? Amazon has it through fulfilment only and there are 3rd party sellers on Amazon who have it much cheaper. I only buy new DVDS. Any information and help on how to obtain the right set the first time is appreciated! Thanks! Robert
I don't know if any corrected sets are out there. Deluxe sent me a complete new sealed box a couple of weeks ago and it still had the uncorrected discs in it.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
For what it's worth, I never had an easier, faster time getting replacement discs. I called the 800 number with the set in hand, read off the number the operator asked for off of one specific disc and my replacements arrived within three days.

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Rob_Ray said:
For what it's worth, I never had an easier, faster time getting replacement discs. I called the 800 number with the set in hand, read off the number the operator asked for off of one specific disc and my replacements arrived within three days.
My experiece was even more spectacular. I emailed them from the address I got in this thread on February 14. I got a reply that day and then sent them the little number on the flawed disc of their choice...meaning they told me what disc to reply with the number. Just today, I got the package, but it was the entire set, discs, box and all and shrinked wrapped. I can't believe this is anything but a mistake, but I am not complaining. I will just give my old set to a friend. How they can make money doing it this way, I would never know, but I guess they just figured they had so many problems with this set, they didn't want to bother. Anyway, before gloating, I am now going to check the offending discs....

Walsh61

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garth Lough
MCCLOUD said:
This has probably been answered but could someone please post how we can know we got the Fugitve Most Wanted Set that has all correct discs? Maybe post which discs to look out for. I am thinking about getting this set, but I would like to get the right one when I get it without the hassle of getting replacement discs. Where is the best place to buy this set? Amazon has it through fulfilment only and there are 3rd party sellers on Amazon who have it much cheaper. I only buy new DVDS. Any information and help on how to obtain the right set the first time is appreciated! Thanks! Robert
It's my understanding that Amazon won't be selling the set themselves until it's 100% correct. Right now they're only fullfilling orders from other vendors. I bought one of the sets that was fullfilled by Amazon and the discs were still defective. You'll likely have to call to get your replacement discs if you purchase at this time.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
John Morgan said:
My experiece was even more spectacular. I emailed them from the address I got in this thread on February 14. I got a reply that day and then sent them the little number on the flawed disc of their choice...meaning they told me what disc to reply with the number. Just today, I got the package, but it was the entire set, discs, box and all and shrinked wrapped. I can't believe this is anything but a mistake, but I am not complaining. I will just give my old set to a friend. How they can make money doing it this way, I would never know, but I guess they just figured they had so many problems with this set, they didn't want to bother. Anyway, before gloating, I am now going to check the offending discs....
I'm willing to bet the bad discs are still in there.

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Gary16 said:
I'm willing to bet the bad discs are still in there.
I just checked THREE CHEERS FOR LITTLE BOY, which I couldn't even access the chapters and it plays fine and smooth. Also checked that 2 part-er LANDSCAPE WITH RUNNING FIGURES and it seems okay too. Goes smoothly from chapter to chapter, which it didn't do with my first copies. Maybe I just got lucky!

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
MCCLOUD said:
This has probably been answered but could someone please post how we can know we got the Fugitive Most Wanted Set that has all correct discs? Maybe post which discs to look out for. I am thinking about getting this set, but I would like to get the right one when I get it without the hassle of getting replacement discs. Where is the best place to buy this set? Amazon has it through fulfillment only and there are 3rd party sellers on Amazon who have it much cheaper. I only buy new DVDS. Any information and help on how to obtain the right set the first time is appreciated! Thanks! Robert
Hey Robert, I also recommend just getting the set and then sending for the replacement discs. You'll get them quickly and be all set up and complete long before the corrected sets are reliably out there. The episodes with glitches and their corresponding DVDs are: Bloodline (Season 1 Disc 2) Taps for a Dead War (Season 1 Disc 3) The Iron Maiden (Season 2 Disc 4) Three Cheers for Little Boy Blue (Season 3 Disc 2) Landscape with Running Figures (Season 3 Disc 3)

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I wish that my experience with the replacement discs has been as smooth as everyone else's. I got my set on Friday February 15. I tried to call for the replacement discs on Monday February 18 but they were closed for President's Day. So, I called on Tuesday February 19. The ordering went as smooth as silk. As of today, I have yet to receive my replacement discs. I called on Monday of this week and was told that the last time they shipped was on February 19 and I missed that shippig and would have to wait for the next shipping. I asked when that would be and they didn't have a shipping date available. They told me that they ship either once a month or once every two months depending. When asked on what it depends, I only got a curt reply that they could not help me and that this was all the information that they had. Completely insane. How can they not know when things are shipping out or even scheduled to ship out? I can understand not shipping out each day, but once a week should be more than adequate for something like this. I mean, these sets cost almost $200.00 (sometimes more, sometimes less). From the blase response and attitude that I received I probably wouldn't have the replacements until sometime in April or early May. So I asked for a manager. Someone had to know when the next batch would be shipping. I had to leave a message on the voice mail, but the manager called me back and assured me that my replacement discs would be shipped by the end of the week. I called back today and spoke again to the manager and yes, my replacements have shipped. They shipped on Tuesday. I should have them either Saturday or Monday by the latest. I hope that the package contains only the replacement discs. I really don't need an entire new set.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Brian Himes said:
I wish that my experience with the replacement discs has been as smooth as everyone else's. I got my set on Friday February 15. I tried to call for the replacement discs on Monday February 18 but they were closed for President's Day. So, I called on Tuesday February 19. The ordering went as smooth as silk. As of today, I have yet to receive my replacement discs. I called on Monday of this week and was told that the last time they shipped was on February 19 and I missed that shippig and would have to wait for the next shipping. I asked when that would be and they didn't have a shipping date available. They told me that they ship either once a month or once every two months depending. When asked on what it depends, I only got a curt reply that they could not help me and that this was all the information that they had. Completely insane. How can they not know when things are shipping out or even scheduled to ship out? I can understand not shipping out each day, but once a week should be more than adequate for something like this. I mean, these sets cost almost $200.00 (sometimes more, sometimes less). From the blase response and attitude that I received I probably wouldn't have the replacements until sometime in April or early May. So I asked for a manager. Someone had to know when the next batch would be shipping. I had to leave a message on the voice mail, but the manager called me back and assured me that my replacement discs would be shipped by the end of the week. I called back today and spoke again to the manager and yes, my replacements have shipped. They shipped on Tuesday. I should have them either Saturday or Monday by the latest. I hope that the package contains only the replacement discs. I really don't need an entire new set.
You're not alone. I've been waiting since November for mine. I've had several emails apologizing for the delay. Then as I mentioned in an earlier post they sent me the entire set which still contained the bad discs. They told me the reason I got the full set was because my name was in the wrong database. So again I wait.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
The whole 'not having a specific shipping date' is what irked me the most. I couldn't believe that they were just so blase about the whole thing. I mean, good grief, you only get 30-60 days from the date of purchase to return the set if there are any other issues outside the 5 replacement discs. The rep seemed surprised that I hadn't finished watching my set. Sorry, but I watch shows in their correct order. So, since the next episode for me to watch is on the first of the defective discs, I haven't watched any further than that. The rep even went so far as to suggest I go ahead and send my set back and when the replacement discs arrive re-order a new set. Seriously? By that time, I was really irked. The manager I spoke with was much more understanding and professional.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Not to be an ass or anything but nothing, absolutely nothing will be hurt if you skip the offending episodes and continue enjoying your set until the replacements arrive. It's not "24," where you have to watch them in order. I certainly understand the dissatisfaction with the service and the attitude, but there are 114 episodes on your discs, 84 B&W ones, that can be enjoyed with no problem before the replacements arrive. Enjoy your set.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
stevelecher said:
Not to be an ass or anything but nothing, absolutely nothing will be hurt if you skip the offending episodes and continue enjoying your set until the replacements arrive. It's not "24," where you have to watch them in order. I certainly understand the dissatisfaction with the service and the attitude, but there are 114 episodes on your discs, 84 B&W ones, that can be enjoyed with no problem before the replacements arrive. Enjoy your set.
As this is my first time watching the series from beginning to end, I will not skip episodes and go back later and watch them when the replacements arrive. I've only seen a handful of episodes on MeTV and have really like the series. This is why I wanted to buy this in the first place. Sorry, but I will watch this in the correct order so I can experiece the series like it originally aired. In the order the episodes were aired. No skipping.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
They're here! They're here! Got my replacement discs today. I have the next two days off work so Kimble will again be running on my TV. Yippie!

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I can't believe that more than a third of a year has gone by since this set was issued. Four months in and they're still selling the set with the defective discs. And I can only guess that the bean-counters have determined that they can pawn off the bad sets on more people than will complain, so for their bottom line it's worth it. And if you consider a whole year that went by after the first release/withdrawal, that's really pretty bad. It would appear that the "pedestal" that CBS puts their classic series on has some cracks in it. I'm still angry and bitter that those of us who bought the 8 half-season sets were basically hung out to dry. Where is the replacement disc program for those, hmmmm? Aren't they just as "defective" as the ones they're replacing now? I'm happy for those who've played CBS' game. Harry

GAMESHOWFAN

Auditioning
Real Name
gala
Harry-N said:
I can't believe that more than a third of a year has gone by since this set was issued. Four months in and they're still selling the set with the defective discs. And I can only guess that the bean-counters have determined that they can pawn off the bad sets on more people than will complain, so for their bottom line it's worth it. And if you consider a whole year that went by after the first release/withdrawal, that's really pretty bad. It would appear that the "pedestal" that CBS puts their classic series on has some cracks in it. I'm still angry and bitter that those of us who bought the 8 half-season sets were basically hung out to dry. Where is the replacement disc program for those, hmmmm? Aren't they just as "defective" as the ones they're replacing now? I'm happy for those who've played CBS' game. Harry
THAT is how all the companies who are shifty operate and then of you complain they punish you. Companies love that, to punish the consumer illegally for a problem that is there's not the consumers fault. This is because they know psychologically the consumers overall are dumb and beat down to bend over ND GET RIPPED OFF AND WHEN SOME CONSUMERS DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THAT THEORY, THEY PUNISH THEM,

GAMESHOWSFAN

Auditioning
Harry-N said:
THAT is how all the companies who are shifty operate and then of you complain they punish you. Companies love that. -- Punishing the consumer illegally for a problem that is there's not the consumers fault. -- This is because they know psychologically the consumers overall are dumb and beat down to bend over AND GET RIPPED OFF AND WHEN SOME CONSUMERS DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THAT THEORY, THEY PUNISH THEM, -- Companies need to stop skating buy and using old defective sets, old crappy thin packaging and mailers AND need recall sets when there is factual complaints about defects.

66KIMBLE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick T
With my limited budget I'm still hesitant to buy a potentially defective set. In this on demand type era a simple mail and receive an item should not be so complicated.It hurts to say this because I feel I'm not voting for my favorite show of all time to be on DVD with my wallet.Call me frugal but it is what it is.

66KIMBLE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick T
New interview with Chris Robertson posted recently.He comments on his Season 1 episode ,See LA and Die with Brenda Vaccaro and Lou Antonio ;David Janssen;and Quinn Martin.Go to TV Confidential.com interview is from 3/6/2013.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Originally Posted by buford2
If anyone is interested in some behind the scenes stuff about certain episodes, this is the website of the director of four episodes. His name is Ralph Senensky. He's about 90 years old now, but he still remembers many interesting details. He has directed tons of 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's television shows. I have asked him for many details about The Fugitive in general, and he always replies within about half an hour. Really fascinating stuff.
http://senensky.com/category/the-fugitive/
Fantastic site. Wow, I wish more people involved with vintage television and movies had sites like this as we tend to overlook the "journeymen" crew members of a production in favor of the more heralded. This kind of anecdotal history is invaluable to anyone studying old shows, whether in a scholarly or fan based way. Thank you so much for sharing this site and its resident gentleman.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
I visited the site for the first time last night, thank you buford2 for sharing it...it has to be unique...It's great that Ralph Senensky can share his unique and valuable memoir as a legacy to classic tv fans!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.