What's new

FS: Subwoofer drivers from TC Sounds etc. (1 Viewer)

Chad Kuypers

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

After taking a recent look through my "extra drivers" I realized that there are some great subwoofers that I am not using and will not be using in the foreseeable future. I am sure that there are folks here who could get great use out of this stuff. I apologize for the long descriptions. :) Here they are:

2 TC Sounds 12" Eclipse Aluminum 88120DVC subwoofer drivers:

These drivers are basically what is in the Aerial SW12 subwoofer. They share the same magnet/motor assembly and are truly astounding. They have three inch voice coils, and about 1"+ xmax one-way. The surrounds are santoprene (yeah, no foam!!) and the cone is a fantastic and expensive one-piece aluminum cone. These are a very big step up from the TC Sounds based AV series drivers sold by Stryke, which are already outstanding drivers in their own right. The Krell MRS subwoofer actually uses the same magnet structure that is on these drivers, except it is bolted to a 15" driver.

Each driver has dual 4 ohm coils. I ran one of these subwoofers (not one of the ones that I am selling; I have four total and two are still in use...) for over a year with a Crown CE-1000, which was putting 900 watts into a single subwoofer. Power handling is enormous. What is also very nice about them is that they are VERY difficult if not impossible to bottom out, which is great for those colossal bass scenes on sci-fi DVD's. :)

Eclipse is very strict about the sale of these drivers through non-authorized dealers. This means that they are typically only available at a retail price of $400. I have two of these drivers that have very little use. I will sell them EACH for $175, which will include shipping. If you buy them both, I will sell them for $325 and again, shipping will be included. I can provide specs as well as enclosure designs.

2 Dayton 12" DVC subwoofers

These are much more self-explanatory. :) I have two of these unused still in their original shipping boxes. The boxes were opened to verify that they were OK, but the subwoofers have never been used, mounted, etc. Take a look here for specs:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...number=295-185

I have two of these drivers. I am only asking $100 for EACH driver and once again, shipping is included in that price. If you want to buy them both, I will sell them as a pair for $190. I am sure that somebody wouldn't mind saving some cash on these brand new drivers on top of not having to pay for shipping. :D

1 Adire Audio Shiva

This driver has been mounted and has had a signal fed through it. However, there was no real use outside of taking measurements with LMS. The cone is flawless, but it has simply been mounted. Other than marks where the driver was mounted, the driver appears to be new. Specs can be seen here:

http://www.adireaudio.com/diy_audio/...dire/shiva.htm

Since this driver has seen light use, I am only selling it for $80. Yes, this price includes the shipping. Not a bad deal considering that Shivas are currently out of stock everywhere. :)

1 TC Sounds 8" Eclipse Aluminum subwoofer

This is one of the most unique drivers I have ever seen and I have literally just kept it around because it is so different. As far as I know, it has the largest motor of any 8" driver. The magnet/motor is basically the same as what is on the Stryke AV series subwoofers. :)

This driver has seen light use, but has basically sat unused for a couple of years. It has dual four ohm coils and it handles quite a bit of power. I am thinking that this could be used as an incredibly potent music or computer system subwoofer. It was over $300 retail when I bought it. I will let this one go for $75 including shipping.

I can accept most forms of payment, but I would really prefer Paypal. People with Paypal will get first-pick of these subwoofers. I can provide you with my Ebay rating too should you be concerned about getting the drivers. All drivers will be shipped via FedEx ground. The very heavy TC Sounds drivers will be shipped within an MDF "sub-enclosure" to prevent any damage from occuring to them. I can send you pictures of the EXACT drivers should you want them.

Why am I selling all of this you ask?! Well, after years of fiddling around with countless subwoofer drivers, I am adding a second Blueprint 1803 to my listening room. At a combined air-sweeping madness of over 12 Liters I am just going to stick with that set up for a while. :D Thanks for looking and please send any questions that you have my way. I think this is the longest for sale description ever...

Chad Kuypers

Stunt Coordinator
Update:

Eclipse 8" Subwoofer - SOLD!

Eclipse 12" Subwoofer pair - SOLD!

Still available:

Shiva

Dayton DVC 12" - pair

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks