What's new
World Wide Stereo

FS: QSC SRA 3622 Power Amp: 725 Watts/Channel (1 Viewer)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
07/29/2005 - Temporarily not for sale - the amp that I returned to that I thought was fixed turned out not to be fixed. More hassle!

I have for sale one QSC SRA 3622 2-channel power amplifier, black. Click on the link for full specs. Here is a brief summery:

• Active inrush limiting—will not blow circuit breakers at turn-on
    A hum-free noise floor and ultra low distortion
    Optional DSP modules for enhanced signal control
    Short circuit, DC, subsonic, and thermal overload protection
    Tamper proof gain control security cover
    LED indicators for power, signal, and clip
    Detachable rack ears included
    Only 22 lb. net (10 kg) for easy racking and shipping
    Selectable subsonic filters: off, 20 Hz, or 50 Hz
    RCA inputs
    12V DC control trigger
    Quiet variable speed fan[/list=a]

Power (Stereo): 8 ohms = 725 Watts
    4 ohms = 1100 Watts
    2 ohms = 1800 Watts

(Bridged Mono): 8 ohms = 2400 Watts
    4 ohms = 3600 Watts

I have always believed that you can't have too much power. Don't worry if your speaker can handle it - it's nearly always better to have too much power than too little.

Those familiar with QSC products will know that this is a home theater version of QSCs popular PLX 3402 professional amplifier. There are a number of differences: chassis styling, I think, is greatly improved - it's now one of the best-looking amps, pro or consumer, around - consumer friendly RCA jacks are used in place of the 1/4" pro jacks, and the cooling fan has been replaced by a much quieter version. Gain controls are now covered by a tamper proof plate instead of exposed (gain control plate is in place in link above). I know that the internals have been upgraded with higher quality parts, but I couldn't tell you which ones. 8 ohm power output is slightly higher at 725 watts vs. 700. List price of the SRA 3622 is $2499, a nearly $800 bump of the PLX 3402. I don't know if that bump is entirely justified and my asking price won't reflect it.

Inputs are via RCA jacks, balanced and something called a Dataport. Gone are the 1/4 pro inputs. The Dataport input is for the more adventuresome among us. Through QSC's DSP-4 module, it can be used, for instance, as a subwoofer filter, for speaker equalization and many other uses. The DSP-4 is programmed via a PC (only for programming - it doesn't stay attached). This is a link to the Dataport description on the QSC website, for those interested. If you're building a sophisticated home theater speaker system, this is something to look into.
    Output is via 5-way binding posts or Speakon connectors.

I have used this amp for a few months now and am extremely impressed with it. There are no turn-on or turn-off transients nor do I hear any hum through the speakers. Can't hear any transformer noise either. I have driven the amp fairly hard but I have never heard the fan, and I sit within a few feet of it. One thing to note about the fan is that while it's much, much quieter, it also has a lower maximum capacity than the one in the PLX 3402. This is justified because home use is nowhere near as demanding as professional use. Despite being only 22 lbs. (a real advantage, after owning a couple 120 lb. behemoths), this amp has a real solid feel to it and is very well built. Soundwise .... If you're looking for a Stereophile description, you won't get if from me. So far as I am concerned, this amp is as good as anything out there, pro or consumer, at any price. I've owned amps from Levinson, Krell, Threshold, Bryston, Aragon, Sunfire, Crown and I can't remember what else. If I had to choose among them I'd take the QSC or the amp I'm returning to, a Crown Macro Reference (which I've owned for 10+ years). The only reason I'm selling the QSC is because my Crown started to trip 20-amp circuit breakers on turn-on. But I finally got it fixed and so I no longer have need for two power amps (I don't own a surround system) and I can get more for the QSC.

I am asking $1,100 plus shipping. Box, packing, manual, power cord and accessories are included. The box is quite heavy duty - no double boxing needed. Amp is physically, mechanically, and electrically perfect, no scratches, no blemishes, no nothing wrong. Payment is via PAYPAL (confirmed address and verified only, please), USPS money order, or cash at your risk. Shipping will be USPS or UPS. Shipping mode, ground or air, 2nd or 3rd day, or express is your choice. Insurance is your option but if you decline, you do so at your risk - you agree that I am not responsible in any way for lost or damaged packages.

I am a long time member here have completed a number of trades and sales transactions. My Ebay id is nutgoodie - current rating is 627 with no negatives or neutrals.

If interested, please post here and e-mail or PM me.

728x90

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GAMark
Recent bookmarks