What's new

FS: Pioneer CLD-D704 LD Player (1 Viewer)

Lee_H

Stunt Coordinator
hey im interested, just doing some research on audio DAC, and audio output options and video resolution and options of this unit versus the DVL-919

the page you listed, it sounds good, just gotta compare the two....see which unit offers more for LD...get back to you asap going to try to find a comparison page....

Lee_H

Stunt Coordinator
in all regards? just picture, or just audio or which? any details would be appreciated....

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i have this player, and IMO, the audio and video performance simply cannot be beat for the price.

CJ

chaz.v

Stunt Coordinator
Updated link to the pictures. Should all be working now.

Lee,

According to Kurtis Bahr (who is the internet's resident Pioneer LD guru), the CLD-D704 "has DVNR, AC-3 RF output, both optical and Coax digital outputs. Has the same sharp/dynamic picture as with the CLD-79 and CLD-99 Elite models using the Composite Output. For the S-Video output it has a 3-Line Digital Comb filter just like the CLD-79."

I hope that helps answer any questions you may have. Feel free to e-mail me with any other inquiries.

I know that the AC-3 RF output fed through my Pioneer Elite VSX-29tx(f/s as well) sounds better than DVD AC-3 which has also been confirmed by reviewers.

Lee_H

Stunt Coordinator
well ive nearrowed my search down to a 704 or a 919, going to hold off on the x9 or x0 until i can afford one...have some car bills that are stopping that from happening right now....

what would the 919 offer outside of a dvd player that i woudl be missing with the 704 in terms of pic and sound? and would the picture be that noticeably different on a standard pioneer big screen tv, not hdtv?

im having a hard time making up my mind, and have read quite alot of contracdictory opinions...some say the two are very close picture quality and that you dont start noticing obvious pic change till the lds9 or the 99 and x9

right now im trying to find the best bang for the buck...all compatibilities, including rf ac3, dts output, all the audio stuff....and great picture...and reliability!

gotta make sure that whatever unit i get, i can find an appropriate demod for it as well....but im still not sure what to hook the output from the demod into on my receiver, is it an rca, or optical? because currently my crappy LD is plugged into VAUX on the fron with only a left right video, svideo and optical option.....

Lee_H

Stunt Coordinator
chaz do you have any demods for this unit like a matching pioneer rdf-1? going to make up my mind on this today i think

Lee_H

Stunt Coordinator
i wish to thank everyone on the board for my crash course and links to more info on here. It was a very hard decision for an LD newby to make on whether to get the dvl-919 or the cld-d704 as a stop gap for a few years before i get an x9 or x0.

In the end i decided on a cld-d704 pioneer LD player. Chaz sold it to me, and i couldnt be happier with the unit!

I even found a rfd-1 pioneer demodulator, and tested it all together! The sound and picture are incredible. I'm so happy, and very happy I found this website!

Thanks also to everyone who wrote me, and kurt the LD guru for his concern, and lengthy advice and time.

Also thanks to the other guys who gave me honest opinions of their 919's on here, and the fact that had i decided to purchase those units as originally planned, it would have been a GREAT deal money-wise.

The picture on my Pioneer bigscreen is amazing with this CLD-D704, and so is the sound, at times i would almost think its MORE clear and sounds BETTER than my dvd players! (and i have some great units!)

Star Wars definitive edition is amazing on LD, and i dont think ill be playing the new dvds i bought very much, as it's missing so much, and too much dumb crap has been added.

Thanks again guys....

chaz.v

Stunt Coordinator
Lee,

Good to see the CLD-D704 arrived ok. I am glad that you can enjoy the unit as I really wasn't getting much use out of it much anymore.

Enjoy.

I am leaving a positive feedback for you on the Good Traders List at the top of the page.

Thanks again.

Chaz

Lee_H

Stunt Coordinator
anytime chaz, thanx again man.....
if you ever feel like throwing those extra lds and remote my way....feel free, i think i gave you my home addy right?

if not, it was still worth it, i love it!

greg_t

Screenwriter
You made the right choice. The 704 is the best non elite player pioneer made. I'm glad you're happy with your purchase.

Lee_H

Stunt Coordinator
totally, thanx for your help in private messages too man....helped me out alot....you and kurt especially

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks